.22 |L A R R Y|

honey and i

by: itiswhatitisbutterfly

Summary: AU very loosely based on Marley and Me, Louis takes his friends advice and buys Harry a puppy to quell his desires to start a family. However the puppy turns them into a family with out them really knowing.

-----------------

"How did he word it? I want a baby, or we should have a baby?"

"Neither. He said, 'We should get a bigger house babe,' and note not flat but house."

Zayn leans down over the cubical wall and stares dumbfounded. This isn't his area of expertise.

"Am I supposed to be reading between the lines here? Am I missing something?" He replies with a blank face.

Louis groans internally and externally into his palm. Zayn really is the eternal bachelor. Maybe he should be asking Liam, but Liam is shit at advice. He should probably be asking Niall but he would probably suggest not worrying about it. And that ins't an option.

Zayn is the best bet for a dose of sage wisdom.

Louis raises his hands from his face and they start flying about as he tries to explain, "He wants room to expand. He wants a back garden. Who the fuck needs a back garden? People with small children need back gardens not me."

"Come on Louis you've been married for, what? Two years now? And I know you two have talked about it before so what is the issue here?"

"Yeah, we've talked about it, haven't actually had to physically put those words into motion."

Louis eyes down the new girl as she passes their desks, she shakes her head like she already owns the place. They should probably be doing work but it's a Friday afternoon. Whatever, there are more important pressing issues here and the office will just have to deal with that.

"I guess it's just Harry is ready, hell he has been ready for this since he was probably born. It's just I'm not so sure I can say the same for me," Louis says not making eye contact with Zayn and as low as possible. He is pretty sure people will be listening. It's a Friday afternoon, he is sure this gossip about his life no matter how trivial is more interesting than local news journalism.

Zayn lowers himself down so he is more at eye level with Louis and in his super serious voice says, "You have like four younger sisters, you are so ready don't doubt yourself. I know deep down you want this."

"Yeah, and I also I know all the work that goes into it," he replies under his breath brows furrowed.

And then as if right on cue a head of bottle blond hair pops up from nowhere and joins in the conversation.

"What you talking about?" Niall says grabbing a handful of mints from Zayn's desk and shoving them in his mouth.

Zayn scolds him with a shove but says with starry eyes in Louis direction, "Harry wants a baby."

Louis eyes them both. Niall seems to be trying to smile and give him multiple thumbs up's.

"No. Harry wants a new house."

"Same thing," Niall says through a mouthful of mints he is trying to chew on.

"Thank you!" Louis shouts. "He gets it!"

He is promptly shushed by someone behind him.

"So what you gonna do? Get a new house?"

"That's the issue. We need a new place, the lease on the apartment runs out soon and we need more room as it is. Harry needs more work space, do you know how annoying it can get having your dining room turned into an art studio almost every day?"