Chapter Fifty-Two ۞ Elfre vs Raziel

This was the first time Elfre would ever fight with Raziel seriously. For the past few years they've been together, there had been more than one occasion in which she had inflicted on him several bruises and bumps for his atrocious narcissism. Before she had met the sixth, she was quite sure she never knew it was possible to love yourself to such extent--the vainness and egocentrism, the horrendous love for all things possessing extraodinary splendor and pulchritude. Even so, all these had been a passing act of irritation which she did not entirely mean. His overdramatizing of things often invoked Elfre's ephemeral temper, often causing him to be whacked up the head whenever the girl was around.

One could say Elfre's hotheadedness and straightforward, blunt way of speaking was a trademark of hers. She wasn't proud of the qualities, but she also saw no reason to care for what other people thought.

Her DevDept team gathered around her, properly fitting her of her suit. The color they decided on was a classy, platonic silver bringing out the color of her skin and eyes. Her hair was pulled back into a bun, tightly and neatly that any stray strands were held in place.

"See?" Quipped Xiena. "Classy, stylish . . . and deadly!"

"I don't know why you guys need to make everything pleasing to the eye when all I'm gonna do out there is fight and not parade." She sighed.

"Elfre, honey . . ." The other girl drawled out. "Don't be such a spoil sport! A little class never hurts! Beside, if your opponent is as you say he is, the least thing that should happen should be his appreciation!"

"I desire not to gain his appreciation. What I need to do and desire to do is obliterate him to the point that he can never sing praises about his beauty ever again." She commented harshly, rolling her eyes.

"My, what do we do with you?"

Efre merely reached for the weapon standing gloriously at the corner of the room, one which was made especially for her. Elfre relied often on the swiftness of her feet and not her strength, so she required a lightweight sword.

The sword was constructed wholly from the same element. From the very hilt to the slender blade, there was no separation. That was why the transition between all its parts was very smooth. It must've been very challenging to create this weapon alone. From the looks of it, careful hands and perseverance required its crafting.

It made her glad she was going to use it, otherwise, to find it in the hands of someone else would possibly make her weep--inwardly of course.

"Lucent." Said Sandrion. "She is ready."

"Is that her name?" She asked, revelling at the feeling of it inside her hands. It fell perfectly between her fingers. The slender blade was beautiful--so thin yet so sharp. It was exquisite. The guards were in the shape of pointed wings with engraved designs.

"Yes."

"Such a perfect thing." She muttered, examining it on all sides. "I will put her to good use."

The crowd outside went wild as the announcer took his place and started his speech about the details of the fight. Elfre caught on this and turned to look outside the dughole of the arena, right into the opposing team. Raziel was conversing with his team, but, as though feeling Elfre's eyes on him, twisted and looked over his shoulder. His bright, tangerine eyes glazed for a moment as it looked right into her green ones. He then gave her the most irritating smirk in their history together, making her roll her eyes at him and huff silently to herself.

He looked more serious than he had ever been, and this was a side he had never actually shown her.

Then, he winked.