Chapter Fourteen ۞ Special Class

After dropping by the Headmaster's office to pick up her new schedule, Valeriana stepped out just in time to have someone jump on her back and squeeze the air out of her lungs. Cautiously, she leaned away to prevent any skin contact.

"Valeriannaaa! You're really back! Oh my gosh, I missed you!" Chavi's hold grew a little too tight that she found herself wishing for air.

"Chavi!" She wheezed. "Need air!"

The girl jumped back and giggled. "Oops. Got a little bit carried away!" The familiar face looked up at her with the same smile, giving her that sense of comfort.

However, what she saw was a little disconcerting. Whatever happened, Chavi seemed to be in a bad shape. It wasn't anything physical, it had more to do with her aura more than anything else. Instead of the healthy ones she usually saw, Chavi's was a bit . . . gloomy.

"Is there something wrong?" She queried, concerned. "You can tell me anything, you know . . . if you're feeling bothered in anyway."

Chavi tilted her head to the side and gave her an eyebrow raise. "What do you mean? I'm totally feeling fine. I should be the one asking you that! What's with the gloves?"

Although she received reassurance a countless number of times already, she still felt as though the gloves weren't quite a match with her uniform. The color matched the sleeves and the pants, but it still felt a bit strange. Somehow, from her point of view, it didn't seem to suit her.

"Does it look strange?" She self-consciously asked, tugging on the fingertips. "I have to wear it since it's a requirement on my part."

"They actually look fine . . . " Her eyes were squinted as examining how it looked on her overall. "You still look great. Maybe I should try wearing gloves myself too."

"Thank you." She smiled.

"What are you doing in the headmaster's office, though? Something wrong?"

"I just came to pick up the shift in my schedule . . ."

"What?!" Her friend snatched off the slip of paper she was holding between her fingers and glared at the information it held. "Do you not like being with me anymore?"

"It isn't like that!" She told her, panicking at the sudden flare of her aura. "Things happened that are sort of hard to explain. I didn't decide this myself, you know. I only needed a replacement of some subjects. I didn't expect them to totally change the whole thing."

Chavi looked saddened. "We still have alchemy together . . . I guess it's fine."

Valeriana nodded. "That's right."

"Oh. It says here you're shifting from PC-1 to PC-S. Why were you put in the special class? Tell me, Val. Did you, somehow, gain a bit of Power Control in you after you left?"

"It's a long story."

The warning bell rang in time to save Valeriana from professing about her new abilities. Slightly relieved, she gave her friend a smile. She made a mental note to tell her about it later when she was feeling a bit better about the subject.

"Can you point me to PC-S? It seems it's my first subject . . ."

"Nah. I'll lead you there. My class is just in the adjacent building, it won't be too much of a trouble to drop you off." She waved dismissively before making a grab for Valeriana's hands. Moments afterwards, she had the fifth-ranker in tow.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah! Come on!"

The walk was fairly short compared to what she expected, not to mention the door to the special class looked a lot normal than she imagined it to be.