Chapter Twenty-Seven ۞ Two Songs

Valeriana went back to the residences after Seraphina told her she would be taken to meet this person tomorrow night. There really was no need to pursue the topic, was there?

She was just a little bit shaken knowing what would happen tomorrow when she still couldn't figure out what to do.

No excuses though.

Loud music echoed all the way outside that Valeriana curiously hurried her way back down to the basement. The electric guitar was roaring in chorus with a male voice. It wasn't Tamara singing, obviously.

Then who?

"Cuz she's bittersweet, she knocks me off of my feet!" The boyish voice had a mischievous coating to it, with a smirk accompanying the lyrics. "And I can't help myself, I don't want anyone else!"

That song. She was familiar with it. It was Cole's favorite. Just the Girl by The Click Five.

Just as she landed on the bottom of the stairs, she was greeted by the sight of Zion rocking out on his guitar while belting out the words to the song. He met her gaze with a wink, followed by that trademark smile of his.

"She's a mystery, she's too much for me. But I keep coming back for more!"

Valeriana's brows rose to her hair line. The Twelve made no move to stop him at all. They were busy watching him perform.

The irritation on Tamara's face was evident.

"She's just the girl I'm looking for."

"What's going on here?" She asked.

"Finally!" The third threw her hands in the air.

Elfre was squealing, a side to her they've never seen before. She fanned herself and coughed into her fist.

Genevieve and Zevlin were exhibiting absolutely the opposite of Elfre's mood.

"We were going through your gadget." Began Charles. "When we came across a song that made Zion . . . sympathize. He went through the papers and insisted on finding the score. Afterwards, he performed the first verse straight to the chorus, just when you arrived."

He then waved to the scattered papers on the floor.

Despite the mess, there was no denying just how talented the guy was. If he could sing that well, he could probably be a rock star.

"He did not need a DJ." Keelan sadly stated.

"Corvan has a song too!" The twins chorused. "In fact, it came first before Zion's!"

With that, they pushed the first-ranker forward, pulled Rowe as well, and made them start.

"Stop it with this insolence!" Corvan exclaimed, forcing Zevlin to unhand him. "I do not desire to--"

Rowe started plucking on his guitar. "You should at least try, Your Excellency." He smiled, stopping when he refused to start.

"No fair!" Zion fumed. "I came first!"

The seriousness took over the second-ranker's voice. "Will you let the pride of the Wyldens be in vain, Lord Corvan? With you, as the only heir?"

"I do not like the way you are talking." Replied Corvan. "I am not obligated to sing such as stupid song."

"If your parents become informed of the fact that you refuse to perform such a simple piece in front of a very small crowd, I wonder how they will react." Rowe's voice was coated with disappointment as he shook his head with a sigh.