Chapter Fifteen ۞ Seraphina's Request

Lord Lienhard's presence baffled the four, probably giving them the shock of their lives. Valeriana, nonetheless, could not contain her confusion. Why on the world would he, the king's brother, even bother to become a teacher in the academy?

"T-t-the king's bro . . " Coral was unable to finish as she collapsed and lost consciousness. Luckily, she fell right into a chair.

"You're kidding, right? Didn't you leave?" Valeriana asked him, turning on her seat as he walked further into the room and stood behind the desk.

"I thought it would be fun to pass most of my free time here." He bluntly answered, crashing onto a cushioned chair blanketed in a maroon velvet.

"Just say that you wouldn't have any free time at all if you go back to the palace." She accused.

"I thought I wasn't that readable." Lien pouted, pulling up his legs and resting them on the surface of his desk.

Now that he said that, Valeriana could not see his aura. At all.

"Where's your aura?" Zander queried, leaning forward curiously.

Cail was still unable to recover.

"I don't know. I kinda forgot where I put it." He laughed aloud, his voice booming.

His students' expressions held a mix of disbelief and mockery. For the other three, their respect for him instantly were thrown out the window. For Valeriana, it was long gone.

This person? Their teacher? As if they would learn anything with his attitude.

"Unlike you children, I know how to manipulate my own aura to deceive people. Hiding it from eyes like yours is such an easy thing. Do you expect me to bare myself to you like the day I was born?" He huffed, turning his nose up loftily.

"Are you going to teach us how to do it?" Cail was eager, looking frustrated he could not see the colors around the guy.

"Sure." He laughed. "Why don't you stand so I can see?"

They as did as he said hesitantly, Coral rousing from her sleep the exact same moment. Cail pulled her up with them, helping steady her and find her balance.

He stood and walked by each one, poking at their stomachs and giving them a once over.

"Nah. You guys won't do." He returned to his seat and shook his head. "Go do the obstacle relay in the exercise yard in loops until I tell you to stop."

"That's not related to our subject!" Zander exclaimed. "You are supposed to--"

Lienhard's eyes narrowed as he gazed at him. "Are you questioning my methods?"

The glare held him in place, zipping his mouth and intimidating him like a beast. In the end, he uttered no word and looked away with a noise of irritation.

The lord smiled. "Since you're all very enthusiastic, why don't you all do as you're told? Why not smile the whole while as well?"

"Are you kidding me?" Cail blanched.

"Did I look like I was?" He answered.

"N-no good with exercise . . ." Coral trembled.

"I'll be there, too." Cail reassured her.

Knowing better than to oppose, Valeriana merely started heading for the door. She looked back and motioned for the others to come when she had a hand on the knob.

"Come on." She sighed. "You have no choice but to obey. It's better than sitting around doing nothing."

"Aren't you coming?"