Chapter Twenty-Three ۞ Disruption

The meetings went on for three more days.

Without doubt, the patience of the Twelve was on the edge of being strained.

Though progress was noticeable and evident since they managed to come up with a good theme, not to mention everybody miraculously came to an agreement when it came to deciding setup regarding the service for food and other stuff, they were still running after the time needed to get everything ready.

With less than three weeks, the entire group managed to set aside their personal issues and work speedily on thinking up the concepts of each event. In fact, the people who were mostly active in doing so had been the DevDept members, Charles, Tamara, sometimes Corvan, Valeriana inserting a few suggestions, and Raziel. The others could not or did not want to try and interfere since they either lost trying, or gave up.

Valeriana felt glad they managed to set their differences aside for the moment, except that occasional arguments were unavoidable.

Even so, they were already mature people, not little kids. They were very aware how important this event was for the academy.

"Are you sure there's no way we can consider parading in floats?" Raziel leaned on the curve of his hand sadly as he gazed at his friends.

"What's the point?" Elfre growled. "That's only to satisfy your narcissism and is, in no way, beneficial to the success of this festival."

"It'll be a waste of time and effort." Darcius quipped. "We are sorry, but since majority agrees . . ."

"Oh my woes." He dramatically cried.

"Quit with the drama." Aneeka rolled her eyes.

"Well, then," Cail examined the notes he had taken down the entire while, popping his knuckles simultaneously. "We trust Lord Charles will handle the food well?"

"Of course." Answered the fourth.

"He did manage to cook that buffet thing by himself for just a few hours."

"Just how did he do that?"

"I recommend you don't ask."

The DevDept gave the Twelve questioning stares.

"Any . . . way . . ." Harley coughed into his hand and shyly tried to get the conversation going. "Aside from the food preparations, we got the schedule for the first five days done. Now, we only need to figure out how we're going to make the last two days interesting enough."

"Lord Corvan will be responsible for the sports . . . Lord Rowe for the social events, Lady Tamara for the orientation and Miss Valeriana?"

"Yes?"

"Have you thought of anything you can help with?"

"I'm sorry. Not really. But, if there's anything I can do . . ."

"We're missing something, actually." The eleventh muttered.

"Missing." Brindon nodded. "Art. Music. Joy."

"Oh, right!" Keelan jumped. "Can we do something fun in the last two days? Like a play of some sort?"

"Plays are boring, not to mention they require a lot of practice. Three weeks won't be enough."

Valeriana thought of a possible entertainment . . .

There was Corvan.

"Everyone, please remember your duties." Rowe reminded.

"I still cannot figure why it cannot be the same everyday."

"Redundancy." Rowe answered.

"The effort given by the academy into training its students require more than one day to display. We're being given a week. Is it not sufficient?"