Chapter 1

Some people say that middle and high school was the best years of their life. And, honestly, for some, it was. For me, not so much. Life was tough, my family went through a lot, and me being myself took on other people's problems to help push away my own, but instead they just kept building on top of each other making matters only worse. Yes, you can say I'm a people pleaser, but I can't do anything about it, it's who I am. Hi, I'm Addie, I'm 15 and I have high anxiety and depression.

In elementary school, I was a straight A student, I played soccer and softball, I loved singing and acting and playing music. 6th grade I was in a play and I had a main roll, I sang two solos and had many lines and it was fun working with my classmates to put together the play for the whole school. I was in harmonia (an advanced singing group) and 3 different bands playing clarinet. I was playing rec soccer and rec softball and I had lots of friends. Life was good.

Going into a middle school with 2 other different schools in it was a bit difficult, but I managed in the beginning. I dropped the singing and the softball, but I managed with clarinet and soccer, and also I tried out for the play and got a medium roll, but I can't say the play was much of my interest, but it was a good experience. I made new friends and kept my old. My best friend, Julia, was on my team and it wasn't bad.

Reaching out wasn't too hard...but did I reach out too far?