Chapter 6

Everything I do is wrong. No choice I make seems to be the right one. I should get used to it now at least. This is only the beginning, I didn't know that yet. My thoughts were more like, "It'll pass over during the summer." Wrong.

It was the beginning of June and summer was right around the corner. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and my parents decided to bring the family shopping at target to get some books for the summer. I had been texting Jake the whole day and my mom asked to see my phone. I hadn't deleted my messages, and we had been talking and joking around about having a sleepover and buying bras and thongs while I was out shopping.

My mom being over protective goes through the messages. She turns around and asks, "Who the hell is this 'Jake' guy?"

"My friend, Bella's neighbor I talk to, why?"

She read the texts out loud to my dad.

"Mom, we were just joking around. He's not a bad kid."

"I don't want you talking to this guy anymore, Addie." My dad said sternly.

"THAT'S SO UNFAIR YOU'VE NEVER MET HIM! WE'RE JUST JOKING AROUND!"

Then my mom said "You can talk to him, but if we find anything else..."

Should've erased those texts...

And trust me; if I did...things might have worked out a lot better than they are...