Chapter 12

About a week after, I had a family party at my house. It was like this big end of the summer type thing we had occasionally and we all got together and had a great time. There were fireworks and a big cook out. My cousin's were unable to make it but my god parent's daughter and her cousin were over. I wasn't close to them but we got along. Her name was Lindsey and her cousin was Sierra.

We all sat and watched our dad's take out the "big guns" they'd say. As known as, the illegal stuff. I smiled to myself remembering the year before. The memory was like it was yesterday. I giggled under my breath thinking about it.

I was sitting here with my cousins; it was Alex, Emily, Nathaniel, Ryan and I, watching my dad set off fireworks with his best friend Jack. Something caught on fire and his eyes grew wide and a large smile grew across his face and in the craziest voice Jack shouted, "OOOOO! FIII-AHHHH!" We all died of laughter and mimicked it the whole night. It never gets old, 'til this day we still refer to it. That night was great.

As the fireworks died down, Sierra came up with an idea that Linz and me should sleep over her house. I had never been to her house, but I was having such a great time it didn't seem like much of a big deal to me anyways. So we all agreed to ask our parents when we got inside.

Our mother's all looked at each other and agreed, so we raced upstairs to grab my stuff and go. I randomly snatched a shirt from my closet and a pair of jeans not caring which was which and shut off my light and out the door we were. We all crammed into the back seat of the car and we were off to Sierra's house.

I was never really close to Linz, and she didn't seem like she wanted to get to know me. But, she was with her cousin and her cousin was a little ore out going and reaching to me then she was, and Linz would never just say no to Sierra, so I guess she kind of had to agree.

That night we hung I her room and just chilled and talked. We played apples to apples and then we were all sitting on her bottom bunk when my phone started ringing, it was Jake.

"Awwwww! Who's thaaaaatttt?" Sierra cooed.

I ignored the call and explained to Sierra and Lindsey the situation.

"Dude, you should totally say yes, even if you won't get to see him, he'll still be your boyfriend."

"Yeah but-"

"Just do it!" She insisted as soon as my phone started to go off again.

"Hi."

"Hey, babe."

Sierra gave me that little pushy nod and a brush with a hand.

"So you know the question you asked me the other night? The answer to that is yes..."

"AWWWWHHHHHH!" Sierra and Linz synchronized.

"Ha ha, who was that babe?"

I explained to him where I was and I put him on speaker and let them say their hello's and then said goodnight and hung up the phone.

"His voice is so deep and hot!" Sierra chirped.

"Yeah I know." I agreed.

I put my head on my pillow signaling the other two to go to their own beds and soon enough the light was off and all was silent. I was happy, but what if I made the wrong decision. All I'm going to do is let him down. I was going to be in 8th grade and he was going to be a sophomore. I had acne and braces and my parents hated him. I could never live up to his expectations in what he wanted. Was all he wanted from me as sex? No, he liked me, I know he did. He said dirty things, but that's how all guys are right?

I was happy I had him, but was he happy he had me? Or was I just a toy to him so he could pull my string?