Whisper

"Honey's, I'm home." Lexy shouts into the house when she comes into the front door. I'm sitting in the living room watching TV and Ashley's standing in the kitchen, where she's been since we walked in the door. I asked her if she wanted to watch TV with me and she narrowed her eyes at me before saying a harsh no thanks. I think she's really upset with me.

But I don't really see how she can be. I'm not the one with the girlfriend here!

"Hey." I smile and wave at my best friend as she comes and takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"How was your day?" She questions, leaning forward and grabbing a handful of popcorn from my bowl on the table.

"Good." I nod and force a smile.

"Where's Ashley?"

"Kitchen." I thumb in her direction.

"She told me how the audition went, Paula is so awesome for getting them that. I need to figure out a way to thank her properly." Lexy says as she gets up from the couch.

"She doesn't want anything from you guys." I wave her off.

"I know." She nods. "But I really can't thank her enough for doing-"

"She knows, Lex." I assure her.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes and smiles. "But I'm at least taking her out to dinner or something." She adds, stepping over my legs that are outstretched on the table in front of me. "Ash." She calls as she walks towards the kitchen. I flip the channels on the TV, letting the blackness of the screen be my mirror into the kitchen. I watch as Lexy pulls Ashley into a hug, connecting their lips in a loving kiss. I have to look away. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Lexy giggles and hits Ashley on the shoulder as she says something apparently amusing, before walking to the fridge and grabbing a water. She walks back over to Ashley and gives her another kiss before heading back to the living room and I settle on the History channels' Pawn Stars to watch.

"So did you meet the band? Ooooh, did Stacy flirt with you? That girl's a flirt if I ever seen one." Lexy fires out questions as she flops back down next to me on the couch.

"Yes, I met the band." I nod. "Stacy did flirt with me. And we're kinda are going out on a date sometime this week." I turn to my friend and smile. I'm actually kind of excited about going out with Stacy. Maybe it'll be good for me to go out with someone else, take my mind off of Ashley...

My best friends girlfriend.

"Oh my God, really!?" Lexy shouts, clapping her hands together. "Are you excited?" Clearly she's excited

I shrug, "I guess." In the corner of my eye I see Ashley come and take a seat on the loveseat.

"I'm excited for you Spence, Stacy's hot. You need to get out and have some fun. You're always cooped up in this house all day."

"I am not cooped up in the house all day." I counter.

"Baby." She looks around me to an uninterested Ashley. Ashley glances up at us, her eyes meeting mine briefly. Well at least she doesn't look angry anymore.

"Doesn't Spencer stay cooped up in the house all day?" She asks, raising a brow. I glance at Lexy then back to Ashley, awaiting her answer.

She shakes her head. "I'm staying out of that." Is her reply.

"Boo!" Lexy shouts to her girlfriend. "Well I say you do and I'm glad you're getting out of the house. Ohemgee, I just got the best idea." Lexy says cheerfully. She has that look in her eyes, the one I don't like. She either has some crazy plan or well...nope there's no other options.