You And Me

“So what should we do first?” Lexy asks as we all sit on her bed. “Watch a movie, make s'mores, Ooooh.” She says, clapping her hands together, practically flying off the bed. “Maybe we could--”

“Maybe you should calm down.” Ashley suggests to her girlfriend, chuckling a bit.

“I second that motion.” I say raising my hand with a smile. “It's late Lex, I just wanna go to sleep.” I plead to my friend. I've literally been up for more than seventeen hours.

“Yeah, Lexy bear.” Ashley says. My head immediately shoots to her. Really? She glances at me from the corner of her eye. “I was on a plane for like six hours and then spent the rest of the night preparing for the show. I'm pretty wiped, plus I’ve got interviews pretty much all day with different photographers for the band tomorrow.”

I watch as Lexy quirks her brow at her girlfriend. Uh-oh, I know that look. Please don’t do what I know you're about to do.

“You should totally hire Spencer.” Falls from her lips. I inwardly sigh.

And she did it.

Of course she did it.

Say no, say no, say no…

I watch as Ashley looks at me with intrigue.

“You take pictures?”

Why is she asking me that, did we not talk about this on the plane?

“She takes amazing pictures! She practically took every photo in our high school year book.”

Apparently I’m not needed for this discussion about me.

“Maybe we should let her answer babe.” Ashley suggests with a small laugh.

“Nonsense she’ll do it won’t you Spence?”

No.

“Sure.”

I try my best to answer without cringing. No good can come from this. None.

“Only if you’re sure Spencer.”

I smile at how soft her features are right now. Her eyebrows slightly up, her brown eyes soft, it makes me want to sigh and I do. I only nod while we share a lingering gaze. She just whispers a soft okay and her mouth widens into a smile.

“See! Problem solved so now we can hang out.”

“No I still need sleep.” I shoot out quickly, knowing Lexy she won’t last long anyway. I look over to Ashley and she nods in agreement.

“Well you both suck.” Lexy pouts, sitting back down on her bed.

“Don't you have work in the morning anyways?” Ashley questions with a raised brow.

“So.” Lexy shrugs. “I was planning on calling out anyways.” She adds as she gets up and walks to her closet.
“Uh no. You know that prick of a boss of yours is already looking for a reason to let you go Lexy, don't give him one.”

“But Spencer's in town.” She whines as she pulls two comforters from her closet shelf. She drops them on the floor next to the bed and lays her head down on my lap. I stroke her hair and giggle at my best friend.

“I'll be here tomorrow when you get off, Lex. It's not like I'm going back to New York next week or something. We have the entire summer. Don't get fired and lose this awesomely amazing apartment because of me.” I tell her, causing her to tilt her head up at me and smile sleepily.

“When did you become the responsible one in this relationship?”

“When I went off to New York and had to fend for myself for nine months.” I chuckle at her as she lays her head back on my lap.