As The Rush Comes

“You know, I'm not so much in the mood anymore Mads.” I tell my friend as we get ready for the party.

“What?” She turns to me and questions. “Five hours ago you were all like 'oh my God, Madison... I really need a good party to go to tonight.'” She says, calling herself mimicking my voice.

“First of all, I sound nothing like that. And secondly, five hours ago I had a run in with Carmen and my head was all screwed up. I'm feeling much better now, thanks.”

“Nope.” She shakes her head as she struts over to me, half naked might I add. “We're not doing this Spencer. You're going to this party tonight, even if I have to drag you out of here kicking and screaming.” She tells me, getting right in my face.

“But I don't--”

“I don't wanna hear it.” She shakes me.

“Oh my God, shaken baby syndrome much?”

She chuckles as she stops shaking me. “There's gonna be so many hot chicks to sleep with at this party tonight though Spence, how dare you pass up an opportunity like this.”

“You know I'm not that kinda girl, Mads.” I roll my eyes at my friend for even suggesting such a ludicrous thing.

“Well you know what they say,” She shrugs as she pulls her shirt down over her head. “The best way to get over one person is to get under--”

“You better not even think about finishing that.” I say, glaring at her.

“Just saying.” She shrugs as she makes her way over to her closet. “You need to get over Carmen, I don't see what you ever saw in that two timing manipulative bi--”

“I think I got it.” I cut her off, raising my hand and rolling eyes. “Carmen wasn't like that in the beginning. She used to be so sweet and caring and loving. It's like once she had me, she flipped a switch or something and completely changed her whole personality. I don't know how I didn't see it from the beginning. How I didn't see past the façade.”

“Don't put that on yourself Spence. There was no way you could have known that she was a complete psychopath.” She says as she grabs a pair of black skinny jeans from her closet and slips them on. “She even had me fooled.” She adds.

“I just feel stupid I guess.” I shrug. Standing and slipping my legs into my jeans. I put on my red and black retro Jordans as Madison puts on her gray and black Supra's.

“Well tonight,” She starts, walking over to me, pulling me up from the bed and spinning me around. “we're gonna party and forget all about that skank Carmen.” She spins me around again, getting a good look at my body. “Damn Spencer!” She shouts. “You looking good mami. You're gonna have all the girls chasing after you tonight.”

“Nah.” I shake my head as a blush spreads across my cheeks.

“Please, you looking so good I'd go gay for you right now.” She says and I knit my eyebrows together.

“You know sometimes I wonder about--”

“Don't even think about it.” She cuts me off, shaking her head. “I love my man and his man parts sweetie.” She adds. I make a gag face and she slaps my arm. “Carmen is gonna be so jealous when she sees you tonight.”

“Wait what?” I stop dancing and quickly face her. “Carmen is gonna be there?”

“I don't know.” She shrugs. “Probably. I mean it is the last party of the year and Kaci's throwing it. Everyone knows her parties are epic.” Madison says and turns around to grab her iPod.