Chapter 6

Zeke swerves into the Avengers car park, he grabs my shaking hand and we sprint through reception, jumping over the security desk. We jump in the elevator and go up to floor 13. I try to wipe the tears away but they keep escaping my eyes, Zeke pulls me onto the S.H.I.E.L.D control floor.

"Tony and Pepper have been abducted!" He shouts. All of the Agents turn around from their computers and stare at us, a confused look on their faces.

"Follow me." Fury bellows, leading us to the conference room that i am familiar with.

"They were taken at about half nine yesterday morning and this was on the doorstep at half nine this morning." Zeke explains, handing Fury the envelop. Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Widow and Dr. Banner all march in and look over Fury's shoulder at the photos.

"Are you two okay though?" Hawkeye asks, uncrossing his arms.

"Skye's just terrified." Zeke admits for me, clutching my hand harder.

"Who dropped this off?"

"We don't know, the doorbell rang and this was on the door step under a rock."

"Do you have CCTV?"

"Yes." I interrupt, i pull out my phone.

"Jarvis, i need to see the CCTV at the front door at half nine." I demand into the phone, the screen projects in front of me and shows the front door at 9:29, nothing. But at 9:30 a black car pulls up and a figure dressed in black steps out, puts the envelop at the door, rings the doorbell and drives off.

"They were too precise. Abducted at 9:30, photos at 9:30." I point out.

"I also found this." Zeke announces, pulling a gold chain out of his pocket, Pepper's gold chain with a diamond heart on that Dad had bought her. I stare up at him as he hands it over to Fury.

"Why didn't you tell me you found Pepper's necklace?"

"I didn't want to upset you anymore." He admits, looking at his shoes.

"So, what are you going to do?" I ask, placing both my hands on the conference desk.

"We can't do anything." Fury announces, crossing his arms across his chest.

"What? My dad and Pepper have been abducted and you aren't going to anything about. You're in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D!" I yell. Grabbing the photos, necklace and storming out of the conference room and into the control centre.

"I thought the Avengers helped people. Obviously not. You lot need to pick a new name!" I scream in front of all the Agents. I sprint into the elevator, race out to the car, scan my finger and drive home. The race car revs beneath my hands, my knuckles turning white from the strength of gripping the steering wheel. I drive into the back of the house, up the slope and into the basement with the other cars. I park it, jump out and stand in the middle of the basement. I let the anger build up in me and i feel my eyes turn ice cold.

I stare at the mini fridge and concentrate hard, the fridge bursts into flames and destroys itself. Smiling, i then open the drawer in the desk and pull out paper with my mind. Suddenly it all drops around me and i fall to the ground, sobbing.

"Skye?" I hear my name being whispered. I lift my head from my knees and face Hawkeye. His arrows stuffed into his quiver that is hung over his back and his bow slung over his shoulder.

"What do you want?" I ask, staring up at him.

"I want to help you." He announces, smiling as he offers a hand. I take his hands and stand up, wiping the tears away. I take the photos and Pepper's necklace and march over to Jarvis, placing the necklace on the scanner.

"Scan for fingerprints." I order as the blue light travels across the gold.

"Pepper Potts." Jarvis announces.

"Anyone else?"

"Appears not."

A few hours later we are downing coffee and watching the CCTV on replay.

"They're too precise. Dropping off the photos the next day, at exactly the same time they were taken." I point out.

"A pattern?" Hawkeye asks, his body drooping with the need to sleep.

"Jarvis, can you give me anything on location from the photo?" I question as the photo projects in front of me, i zoom into each detail.

"I cannot find the location of these photos." Jarvis announces.

"Can you give me anything, anything at all?" I shout, the frustration and sleep exhausting me.

"I can make out a police gun." He admits, zooming in for me and showing a figure standing at the side, their hand shown in the photo holding a police gun.

"The police abducted them?" Hawkeye asks, his pitch rising in shock.

"No, a police gun is a type of gun. It doesn't mean the gun belongs to the police." I explain. "Jarvis, search for buyers."

A massive list appears of names, all people who have bought a police gun in the last 6 months.

"Skye, this is going to take far to long."

"I might never seen them again, they might be murdered and this list is all the suspects." I point out. I watch the CCTV again and again until i know what happens at every second. Until my eyes drift off to sleep.