Chapter 1, 2 and part 3 of next book

Who wants the first chapter of the next book, it's called: Skye Starks Daughter (Starks Daughter 3)

Chapter 1

I place pink dolls, Hope's favourite teddy, biscuits and the new pair of glasses i have designed into the small pink rucksack.

"Hope, are you ready?" I shout upstairs.

"Coming mummy." She replies and I hear her sliding down the banister.

My 6yr old daughter stands at the bottom of the wooden stairs, her brown hair flowing around her adorable face. The only thing very noticeable about Hope is her bright blue eyes that glimmer in the light. The same colour i have in my mutation. She smiles, showing her beautiful pearly white teeth, i ruffle her hair.

Hope has a great sense of style: dressed in a denim skirt, tights, a flowery t-shirt and ugg boots.

"Come on then Kiddo." I say as we walk down into the basement, walking past my work place and to my blue ferari.

The basement has glass walls, a small kitchen and a huge desk with four computers controlled by Jarvis. On one wall is my first Iron Man suit and other upgraded suits. On the other wall are shelves holding the missiles i designed.

I unlock the ferari and Hope jumps into her booster seat next to me and we drive to my dads.

We reach my dads New York beach house and Hope sprints inside, i follow after her, the bag over my shoulder.

"Dad!" I shout as i step in to my old home. My dad marches in, his hair turning white slightly.

"Hello Kiddo. Where's Hope?" He asks.

"She ran in a minute ago. She's probably playing in your cars." I suggest.

"Did you bring the glasses?" He asks. I pull them out of my bag and put them on. Jarvis appears in my eyes, bright blue and familiar.

"Yep." I take them off and pass them to him, they're normal black glasses. But when Jarvis comes on no one can see what you see.

"These are really good." He comments.

We hear crashes down in the basement and my dad races down. Hope is stood under a fallen shelf, a bleeding cut on her head and tools scattered around her.

"Oh, Hope. Are you okay?" I question as i race up to her, pulling the shelf off her. I watch her as tears fill her eyes and i scoop her into my arms.

"Mummy, it hurts." She cries, sucking her thumb. I carry her to the kitchen and sit her on the counter. Dad races to get the first aid kit and i kiss her on the nose. He comes back, passing me a plaster. I wet a flannel and place it on her cut forehead, she winces. Then i place a plaster on her head.

"Feel better? Shall i give it a magic rub?" I ask and she nods. I kiss two fingers and rub them over her cut. I scoop her back into my arms, carry her upstairs and place her on the sofa, turning the TV on.

"How's Pepper?" I ask, turning back to my dad who is stood in the kitchen.

"She's good. Im thinking of asking her to marry me." He admits and turns around, avoiding my eye contact.

"Aww. When? Where?" I question, smiling.

"I don't know, next week at a restaurant?" He replies.

"Aww. Congratulations." I say as i hug him.

Im extremely surprised. My dad isn't the settling down type.

"Mummy! Look, daddy's on TV!" Hope shouts, i stroll over to her and the music video for Goodnight Sweet Child by Fighting Blind comes onto the screen.