Chapter 10

"Have you seen Doctor Banner, he was supposed to be at the conference about the abductions but he hasn't turned up? Ring me when you get this." The voicemail from Captain echoes in the empty house. 

"Oh crap." I mutter, Bruce is the next victim. 

"Just proves Jarvis. I have to do this on my own." I whisper, running my hands through my dirty hair. I have to take a shower soon. 

I take Zeke's phone and unlock it, smiling at his wallpaper of us hugging. I open his texts searching for any threats. The message chain from his band member Callum catches my eye. 

"You purposely didn't tell me about the gig so i couldn't go on my date with Skye." Zeke sent. 

"I didn't." Callum argues back. 

"You did. Why? What do you have against her? You should be glad that I've found someone who makes me happy." I smile slightly and Zeke's response. 

"I don't trust her." 

"Skye makes me happy and i trust her with my life." 

"Zeke she's the daughter of Tony Stark!" Callum replies. 

"I don't care. I care about her." Zeke answers and the text chain ends. 

My heart throbs as i see how much he cares about me. I open his photos and there is a folder named 'Skye'. Each photo includes me or me and Zeke. One of us drenched in rain, drops sticking to our eyelashes. Another brings a smile and tears to my face. 

"I will find you, i promise." I whisper. I ring his mobile and listen to his soothing confident voice as my heart starts to ache. I quickly end the call and stroll upstairs to the living room. I sit cross legged and concentrate on the glass cups, feeling my eyes go ice cold and my brain racing. The glasses start to lift off the ground, elevating in the air. I smile but have to keep concentrating, suddenly my mind thinks about Zeke causing the glasses to smash onto the ground. 

"Dam it!" I curse, standing up and clearing the glass. 

"Jarvis, is there anything about Zeke's abduction that links with the others?" I ask as i grab a packet of prawn cocktail crisps. 

"They left one of his possessions, linking it to the others." 

"Jarvis, what's the time?" 

"10:12 am." 

"Zeke was taken yesterday at 11:03, Jarvis, we'll get a package in an hour and half. I want all CCTV at the front and basement door and use face recognition." I demand, my body shaking. I won't be able to handle this.

Two minutes until 11:03. My fingernails tap against the coffee table as i watch Zeke's favourite show, Friends. My mind races and eyes scan across the screen, not following the plot line. 

A minute until 11:03 and my feet tap on the floor impatiently. 

"Jarvis, are you ready?" I ask, biting my fingernails nervously. 

"Yes, miss." 

11:03 and the envelop is pushed through the mail box. I sprint to the door, expecting to see someone, a black car swerves out of the driveway, leaving black skid marks. I pull out my phone and scan the tire marks, knowing the make of the car already. 

"Black Landrover H3T8JA13" Jarvis informs. 

"Thanks." I whisper, taking the envelop and slowly walking into the house and down into the basement. 

The envelop burns my hands as i toss it between my fingers. My heart tells me not to open it but my mind says yes. I pull out a microscope from the cupboard and notice the writing on the envelop. Not the normal stamp that are on the others, but a familiar hand writing. Zeke's. 

I place it under the microscope. A fine black ink parker pen. No sign of chemicals or explosives, i pull it out and place a finger under the flap and pull. Blood covers my fingers and feel sick but nothing will come out. 

I gag as i pull out a guitar pick from Fighting Blind, Zeke's band. I shine it in the light, the blood glimmering on it. I pull out the photo, gasping and throwing them on the floor. 3 photos. 2 extra then normal. 

The first photo is Zeke tied to a chair, blind folded and blood dripping down his beautiful face, his clothes ripped. The second photo is him looking directly at the camera, tears staining his face and mouthing sorry. The third photo is a action shot of Zeke curled into a ball on the floor and a black clothed man hitting him in the stomach. 

The room spins around me as i feel like Im going to be sick. Everything goes black as i collapse onto the floor, smashing my head on the desk. My body paralyzing.