Chapter 20

I pull into the hospital car park in the red ferari, my favourite car. Big mistake. People crowded around the car as i locked it, cameras flashed in my eyes. I raised my hand to my eyes and marched into the hospital. I walk up to reception.

"Excuse me, is there anywhere i could park my car without it getting trampled by people?" I ask.

"Sure, use the staff car park under the hospital." She offers.

"Thank you very much." I say and stroll out to my car. People still flash their cameras as i leave and park in the staff car park in the basement. I lock the car and walk in.

Dad is sat up in his bed, wires and drips inserted into his wrists, his face looking a bit pale but red.

"Hey." I say as i open the room door, Pepper smiles.

"Hey Kiddo." Dad replies.

"I worked things out with Zeke." I announce.

"That's good."

"He gave me an early birthday present, what do you think?" I ask as i point to my Genius top that Im wearing.

"That's cool, do they do a mens one?" Dad asks and we laugh.

"I bought the ferari. It built quite a stir, i had to park in the staff car park." I explain.

"You better not have scratched it."

"Of course not."

"You don't even have a drivers license." He points out.

"No, but i have a learners permit." I point out, smiling because i know its not the same thing. Suddenly, dads phone rings next to him.

"Its your headteacher." He announces.

"Ill answer it." I offer, reaching out a hand, he places it in my hand and i answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Mr Stark, this is Mr. Tennan."

"Its Skye, my dad isn't able to come to the phone right now." I explain.

"We have a problem. Someone has found out who you are and photographers have turned up at the school, demanding information about you." He explains. I suddenly feel cold and my body shakes.

"What does that mean for me?" I ask.

"You'll have to move schools or go to school with everyone knowing you're Tony Stark's daughter." He offers.

"Okay, thank you. Ill get back to you with my decision. Thank you very much Mr.Tennan." I mutter, turning the phone off. I turn around to face Pepper and dad, i pass him the phone back.

"I think Im going to have to move school." I whisper.

"What?"

"Someone told the media i went to the school and now they're all over there." I explain.

"New school it is then." Dad agrees.

"Or i could work with you." I suggest.

"Thats an option. How are your eyes?" He asks.

"Alright. While you were away, i tested controlling it. You might need to buy some more glasses." I admit. They burst out laughing.

"So, you want to work with me?" Dad questions.

"That would be for the best." I point out, i reach into my pocket for my phone and i start to pull everything out, money, car keys, asthma inhaler.

"What's this?" Pepper asks, taking it from me.

"My asthma inhaler."

"You have asthma?" Dad asks.

"I've had it since i was one. But i haven't had an attack for 12 years. But yesterday i had an asthma attack." I admit.

"Why?" Pepper questions.

"The chance of you surviving that operation was only 15%, i had an asthma attack then." I explain.

"Are you okay?" Pepper checks.

"Yeah, Im fine. Just gotta carry this around with me now."

"I can go home later." Dad changes the subject.

"Cool." I reply, sitting against the wall on the floor.

"There's a seat right here." My dad points out.

"I like sitting on the floor. That suit was a nightmare to get off." I point out.

"Really? Yours needs upgrading then."

"James helped me."

"Your birthday is next week." Pepper points out.

"Im going to be 16, wow." I mumble.

"Sweet sixteen."

"What was your 16th like Pepper?" I ask.