Chapter 17

I lightly land on top of a storage unit and watch as figures dressed in black guard the land.

"Jarvis, scan for the arc reactor." I whisper, blue lights examine the units individually.

"Arc reactor found." A blue circle highlights a red storage unit.

I fly over and land heavily on top of the red storage unit, i walk over and jump onto the ground, the wind whipping around me. I pull the doors of their hinges and stare straight at the two men guarding my dad, blocking my way. I raise my palms to them as they attempt to run.

"Don't even bother." I shout, my voice echoing off the metal walls. My dad is slumped against the wall, his eyes shut and blood pouring down his face. I feel the power rush through my body and into my power filled palms. A blast hits both of them and they collapse onto the ground, no longer moving.

I hear footsteps behind me and spin to see Jacob.

"Why, hello little Skye." He teases, smirking.

"I am going to kill you for hurting my family." I hiss, guns appear on ny shoulders and one hits him in the leg, the next in his chest.

"Skye, stop." My dad gasps behind me, his voice barely hearable. I march over to him, swinging him over my arms like a mother would hold their baby. I march out of the storage unit and start the rockets in my feet, flying into the sky.

"Dad, please stay awake." I beg, his eyes flickering shut.

His nose is red and crooked, his lips pure blue and cut with a deep gash on his head, i watch as his breathing slows.

"I will." He promises.

"Pepper's mad at me for building a suit." I admit, trying to forget that if i don't hurry up, i will lose my dad.

"She's always mad." He points out, smiling.

"Dad, please don't leave me." I whisper, tears streaming down my face inside the mask as we reach the town. I spot the Avengers tower and debate where to go.

"Im so proud of you." He announces as i watch his breathing slow further.

"Stay awake, please." I beg, my heart stops as his arc reactor light dims and his eyes flicker closed. I zoom to the hospital, land outside and sprint in with my dad in my arms and all eyes turn to me.

"I need help, please!" I shout.

Three men and a woman in blue scrubs race over to me with a trolley, placing him on and whisking him away, doing CPR as they go. I march after them and they shut the doors to Reces, leaving me outside.

I watch as they insert needles and shock his heart. I pull my Iron Man mask off and the tears flow. The doctors stop suddenly, the flat beep echoing inside me. No.