Chapter 16

They stop the car abruptly and he takes the blindfold off. I climb out. 

"A car will pick you up at 7pm tomorrow night." The man informs me. 

"Okay." I whisper. 

I stroll into the house and am greeted by Pepper pulling me in for a huge hug and i feel tears falling onto my jacket. I look over her shoulder to see the Avengers stood discussing, their faces cut and bruised. 

"Are you okay?" She sobs. 

"Don't." I order, pushing her away and sprinting down to the basement. I lock the door behind me and initiate a fingerprint scan needed for people to enter. I race to Jarvis and sit on the chair. 

"Jarvis, i need to find the memory stick safe code." 

"Searching." Jarvis announces, various folders appear and disappear. 

"No file available." 

"Jarvis please. I have to save my dad." I whisper, holding my head in my hands. 

"Skye, open the door!" I hear someone shout, i look to the side and see Captain knocking on the door. 

"Im coming." I mutter, i walk up to the door, scan my thumb, push past him and walk upstairs. I pour myself some coffee to keep me awake, the Avengers and Pepper watch my every move. 

"Zeke's been round to check you're okay." Pepper explains. 

"That's not a concern at the moment." I point out. Pepper marches over to me. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean I don't care about Zeke, i have to save my dad." 

"You are not giving them the last digit." Captain demands. 

"If that's what i have to do, i will do it." I argue, finishing my coffee. 

"Skye, don't you understand? If you give them the last digit, they will steal the memory stick and create a monster." Captain explains what i already know. 

"I know that, i lost my dad when i was born, Im not losing him again. I still have another option instead of giving them the last digit." I mutter. Captain's eyes go wide as he realizes that Im talking about my suit. 

"Skye, you haven't tested the suit. Its not safe." Captain points out. 

"Suit? You built a suit?" Pepper panics. 

"Yes, i knew i would need it." I sprint down to the basement, locking the door behind me. 

I stroll up to the Iron Man Suit display wall and press the button, the wall moves and my suit is revealed. I smile and pull the front off to step in. The cool metal mounds around me and i pull the mask down. Jarvis appears in my face, scanning the room, i turn to see Pepper and Captain's terrified faces at the basement door. 

"Its not safe." Captain points out. 

"Its a risk I'll have to take." 

"Skye, don't do this." Pepper begs, a tear falling down her face. 

"Im sorry, Pepper." I whisper. 

I put my arms against my sides, palms down and i shoot off the floor, up through the roof and into the afternoon sky. 

"Im coming dad."