Chapter 14

Jacob leads me into a white room with a window on one wall and a white table in the middle with a chair on either side.

"Take a seat." He demands. I pick the seat furthest away from the door, closest to the camera in the corner. Two men in black stand behind me, crossing their arms, ready to catch me if i run.

"Bring him in." Jacob demands.

"Who?" I ask.

I hear shouting down the corridors, a familiar shout. Two other men drag him in, he kicks and screams against them. His face is black with bruises, his eyebrows and lips covered with deep cuts.They drop him on the floor and he gasps in pain, turns his head to me and a tear trickles down his face.

"Zeke!" I shout as i race up to him and wrap my arms around his neck, the tears flowing down my face.

"Skye, what are you doing here? You need to go. But Im so happy to see you safe." He whispers against my ear. But then it hits me. The drug. I pull away from him.

"No, Jacob not on Zeke. Please." I beg, looking at the window behind Zeke. Jacob just nods and the two men behind drag me away from him.

"No, Jacob you can't do this!" I shout, fighting the men.

The two others grab Zeke onto his feet and a woman dressed in a white lab coat marches in with a needle.

"Please, no." I whisper as tears fall onto my lips.

"Skye, what are they going to do?" Zeke asks, i watch as fear explodes in his eyes.

"We are testing a new drug that will make you into a serial killer." Jacob announces. Zeke's head snaps up at me.

"I didn't know, i swear." I truthfully say.

"Skye, I'll fight it. Im not going to hurt you." Zeke promises, smiling slightly. The woman presses the needle against his skin, his body tenses against the metal.

"Roll the cameras to them all." Jacob demands.

I watch as the green lethal liquid is released into Zeke's body.

"Zeke, i love you." I shout, he smiles and his eyes twinkle, before they flash red with pain and he collapses to the floor. One of the men place a gun on the desk. Then all of the men race out, locking the door behind them and leaving me alone with drugged up Zeke.

"Zeke?" I whisper, stepping forward. He starts to stand up, his nostrils flaring and eyes burning.

"No." I whisper, stepping back in fear until i touch the wall.

"You." Zeke spits through gritted teeth.

"Its me, its Skye." I point out.

"I know who you are! You dumped me and ruined my life." He hisses.

My heart smashes as i see how much Zeke hates me. The tears stream down my face.

"Zeke, please. I didn't dump you, we're still together." I insist as i step side ways behind the table.

He lunges for the gun but i slide it across and it hits the wall by the door. Zeke jumps onto the table and pushes me back, i slide off my feet and against the wall. I gasp in pain.

"Im not going to fight you." I whisper.

"Really? I would expect you to be the best fighter." He argues.

"Zeke, don't do this. I didn't break up with you, we're still together." I beg.

"Don't brainwash me, you've done enough of that." He spits, pinning my arms on the wall so i can't escape. I look into his eyes, searching through the mist and pain for any love that i know he feels.

"You're hurting me." I whisper.

"Good. Just like you hurt me." He smirks. He pulls a hand away and pulls a police gun out of his trousers.

"You carry a gun?" I question.

"Around you, I have to I don't know who will jump me when Im with you."

"Zeke, do you remember the first time we met?" I distract him.

"The worst mistake i ever made."

"We were at the launch party and you saw me across the room. Then when you found out who i was, you ran away, when i found you. We went backstage and you taught me the guitar." I attempt to jog his memory. Inside his hate filled eyes, i notice a glimmer of love. A glimmer of the Zeke i love.

"All those guitar lessons you gave me, you bought me chocolates every lesson." I whisper.

"Don't. I hate you. No, i despise you." He spits.

Zeke presses the cool metal head of the gun barrel to my right temple.

"Okay, do it. At least i die at the hands of the person i love." I admit, looking into his eyes and kissing his lips. I feel him kiss back and i squeeze my eyes shut tight.

"Skye? Why the hell have i got a gun to your head?" He asks, his voice full of shock and worry. I hit his hand hard and it falls to the floor with a thump.

I collapse onto the floor, pulling my legs into my chest and i hear men dragging him out.

"Skye, Im so sorry, i didn't know what i was doing." He shouts. But i can't face looking at him.

I place my head on my arms and sob my heart out.

"Let me see her, please. Just for a minute." I hear someone beg.

I hear the door open and someone rush in, placing a calming hand on my arms.

"Kiddo, its me." My dad whispers. I cry harder at the sound of his voice. He's safe. I stand up and hug him, never letting go.

"You're so brave." He mumbles against my hair.

"I can't do it. I have to give them the code." I admit, everything in me defeated and wounded.

"Skye, this is the worst they can do, it won't get any worse." He promises, pulling me out of the hug and looking me directly into my eyes.

"He's called Jacob, he was my friend at school." I explain.

"Im so sorry." He whispers, kissing my forehead.

Suddenly, three men march in and drag my dad away from me. The tears flow like waterfalls down my face and my heart shatters into a thousand pieces, like a jigsaw that i can't put back together.