Cinderella

EMILY'S POV

Curly auburn hair, big sparkling brown eyes. She looked just like Brandon.

"Hi. My name is Alex." She said cheerfully. I tried to hold my astonishment. I think this is the girl he was talking about, but she's like 1,000 miles away from New Jersey.

"Oh hi, um... I'm Emily." I manage to stutter. I walk over to Cole with Luke and Alex right behind me.

"So who are your friends?" Cole asked looking directly at Luke. Do I sense a hint of jealousy?

"This is Luke and Alex." I said motioning to my two new guests.

We all make our way over to the luggage department. I watched as Luke and Alex made their way to a different baggage claim than us.

"So, I bought us both tickets to Dallas for next week." Cole said smiling sheepishly.

"Woah! I just got here and we're already leaving?"

"Well. We need to get all our traveling in before we're too old."

"Yeah. Well, the night is still young." We laughed remembering how much Dana said that. I miss the guys and Joni. I can't wait to see them.

Once we've found our luggage. We met Luke and Alex at the departure station as we each waited for our rides to pick us up.

"So are you two like brother and sister?" Cole asked.

"No actually, Alex is my cousin and I'm here to visit her for a while." Luke answered, trying not to make eye contact with Cole.

"Oh. Cool so can we exchange numbers?" I asked just trying to break the awkwardness. They all agree and within seconds, we have each other's contact information.

"Well my dad is here." Alex says while getting into the car.

"Bye guys." Luke says after putting his luggage into the car. I peek in at Alex's dad.

"He doesn't look too friendly." I told Cole.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you." He said while wrapping his arm around me. Just then a familiar car pulled up and Gabe rolled the window down.

"Hey Em. Long time no see." I smiled at Gabe. He always hated calling me that.

"So am I not here?" Cole asked, obviously upset.

"Haha. Well hey buddy." Cole got inside the car and closed the door.

"You coming?" He asked.

"Not with Gabe driving." I know I hurt his feelings but, he's a wreck on the road.

"Then I'll drive." Cole said. They both got out and switched spots.

"That's better." I said as I got into the back seat.

We make our way to Dalton's house. When we got there, I got out the car and took a big fresh of air. "Sweet sweet Californian air!" I say to the world.

"You smelt it when we got off the airplane." Cole said.

"And..." I said playfully pushing him.

He just smiles at me, "Lets go inside. Bye Gabe."

Gabe salutes and makes his way home. I get my bags as Cole gets his and we walk up to the door and ring the bell.

"Emily!" Dalton yells as he envelopes me in a hug.

"Daltphin!" I scream back.

"Cole!" Cole screams while hugging himself. We all look at him like he's crazy. "What? Everybody's been forgetting me lately, so I greeted myself." Cole said. We all burst out laughing.