Stressed Out

Song for the chapter: Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots

"There's still time to back out." Karlie whispered. The couple who had went to bed early had not gotten a wink of sleep. Instead they lay curled in each others arms. The room was lit a pinkinsh tint as the sun prepared to rise. The uncertainty of what was to come kept them awake throughout the night.

Karlies arms tightened around Taylor.

"I know." Taylor murmured. "But we have to do this. You understand that right?"

"Of course I do. I just want you to know that if you decide that your not ready or change your mind, I'll be there by your side. Whatever you think is right I'll do. I trust you. I'm sorry that was clear before. I let the fear of losing you cloud my judgment."

"We've talked about this. I know. I forgive you. I understand. To be honest I'm not sure I would have reacted any different than you did." Taylor reassured.

Silence fell in the room, outside early birds began chirping as the city awoke for the new day.

"I love you." Karlie finally replied.

Turing in her arms, Taylor kissed Karlie's lips lightly. "I love you."

-

"So Cara, Margots pretty cute ain't she?" Karlie rolled her eyes and made her way to the kitchen. Meanwhile Taylor smirked knowingly at Cara.

Cara who had been eating cereal when the couple walked in, choked. "W-what?"

"Margot. She was cutie wasn't she?" Taylor teaser leaning on the island Cara sat on. Joan and Jourdan leaned in with interest.

"Y-yeah I-I guess."

"Whose Margot?" Jourdan asked.

"This cute girl we got to help us with the job." Taylor supplied. "Cara was an adorable stuttering mess around her."

"No I wasn't!" Cara defended.

"You were." Karlie replied, placing a bowl of cereal in front of Taylor.

"Karlie!" Cara yelled, betrayed.

Karlie just shrugged and dug into her cereal.

"Did you get her number?"

"Yeah but it's for the job." Cara blushed.

"Wait are all those girls like slaves? Why would she have a phone?"

"The girls explained that girls at Margots level get extra benefits. The phone is for business use and to keep in contact with the bosses."

"Ah, so did she provide you with any services?" Taylor wiggled her eyebrows.

Cara threw a dish towel at Taylor. "No I didn't. I drove her back to her spot, we chatted for a bit and then she got out and left."

The girls giggled as Cara sulked off red faced.

"We should start preparing for tonight." Jourdan sighed, the mood immediately souring as the weight of what was to come resurfaced. Jourdan and Joan both walked away leaving Karlie and Taylor to eat in silence.

-

Taylor let out a deep breath as she entered the car. Karlie jumped in beside her and immediately clutched onto her hand. Taylor knew that the war would mean possible deaths but she hadn't planned for the emotional toll that came with saying goodbye. Although the word hadn't been said it had been implied with every head nod and hug she received from the girls whom she had come to call her family.
They had all gathered around to see off Taylor and Cara. Taylor regretted having to bring Cara with her, the sight of Cara hugging each and every member broke her heart.

"We ready?" Lily asked from the drivers seat. Neither Taylor nor Cara were able to respond so Karlie took it upon herself to nod. The sun was setting on the day that had gone by too quick.

Both Cara and Taylor were dressed in rags. They would appear to be homeless and looking for work. Due to their different accents, they would act as distant cousins who had bit off more than they could chew when they moved to the big city. Margot would bring them to her bosses where they would beg for work. In the early morning when the girls made their way home, Cara and Taylor would spread the word of what was to come. Though Margot had promised to begin that part. Then just before nightfall, their plan would commence.

None of them were prepared for what was to come.

A/N: *laughs evilly*

Next chapter it all begins. I predict about four more chapters in this story, it depends on if I decide to change something I've had planned or whatever.

Because I'm nice (or evil) I will warn that there will be a character death. :)

Thanks for reading!