Seven Nation Army

Song for the chapter: Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes but I like the Glitch Mob remix and Melanie Martinez cover better

Taylor let out a nervous laugh. “You’re joking right.” 

Karlie’s eyes dropped to the floor and the warehouse was filled with an eerie silence. 

“Karlie?” She desperately pleaded with her voice. 

“This is a sisterhood Taylor.” Lily spoke out. “We all swore the oath. All gangs have their own type of contract like ours. It’s the only way we can keep members from betraying us. It’s our safety net.” 

“But Karlie would never betray you guys.” Taylor tried to reason. 

“No she would never want to.  But now that she has you… If someone were to get their hands on you, they could use you as bait and Karlie would do anything to protect you, just like she confessed right now. She’d sell us out if it meant protecting you. Love in our world is a curse.” Lily said remorsefully. 

“So what do we do?” Taylor asked dejectedly. 

“Simple.” Cara said excitedly. “You join us. Lily’s hardly ever here, I mean you saw no sight of her before today. I know you can never fix what’s been done but I think you two can at least be civil. I mean we all have bosses we can’t stand.” She suggested. 

Jourdan stepped up. “I think that’s a great plan. We can teach you all the ropes, you become a member and you and Karlie can stay together.” 

“You’ll have to ‘disappear’ from your old life. Cut all ties with anyone you know.” Gigi threw in. 

“That will get the pigs off your tail and it’ll be better for us. We won’t have to worry about you squealing.” Another girl, Candice added. 

Cara began bouncing in her spot. 

Taylor looked over at Karlie who shook her head in refusal as each girl spoke. 

“No.” She finally said. 

“Karli-“ 

“Lily was right to walk out when she did, as much as I hate it or disagree with how she did it, Taylor isn’t like the rest of us. We’ve done messed up things to get us here. We, as a sisterhood, can’t condemn another female to ruin her life.” Karlie sounded as if the words tasted awful as she spoke them but Taylor could hear how desperate she was to keep her out of it all. “Styles won’t be a problem. He’s an idiot and he won’t catch us.”

“You can’t guarantee that.” Taylor argued.  “And you’re forgetting that he now knows me as the shy girl from high school. He won’t leave it alone.” She placed a hand on Karlie’s shoulder. “I think the ideas not all that bad.” 

“If some-,” 

“Don’t start that. You’ll just be hypocrite. You’re not the only one whose allowed to worry. If I join you, I won’t ever have to worry like I did before because I’ll be by your side.  Besides, as much as I love you and respect your decision to try to protect me, it’s my choice.” 

“Theres no stopping you about this is there?” Karlie said in defeat. 

“Nope.” She leaned up to plant a quick peck on Karlies cheek. 

“So, shall we prepare the Trial?” Lily said. 

“The Trial?” 

-

The trial turned out to be a series of training exercises of real life situations Taylor would face. She was taught all forms of combat and her knowledge of weapon use expanded over the next several weeks. They also worked on her disappearance. As much as she hated the idea of never talking to Ed again, she knew it was necessary for all traces of her to be gone.  She’d do whatever it took to be by Karlie’s side. She was her family. Her home. 

Joan handled most of the training and wasn’t afraid to hurt her. Taylor appreciated, knowing that Karlie and Cara would have taken it easy on her. Taylor wanted to learn, to be as strong as them she had to endure the pain and learn from her mistakes. 

After five weeks of training, she was successfully taking down Joan. 

After six weeks, she could take on two opponents and simultaneously disarm them. 

Karlie would watch her sessions and critique all her missteps and advise to her take alternate methods. Taylor had always been a quick leaner and managed to impress most of the girls in the gang. Due to their training sessions, Joan warmed up to her and they often held brief meaningful conversations. 

Taylor also began to slowly move her possessions over to the warehouse and into Karlie’s room. Despite her earlier refusal of Taylor joining the gang, she was Taylor’s biggest help over the several weeks. After every training session, Karlie would rub Taylor’s sore muscles and fill her up a bath with wonderful smelling bath bombs. 

Detective Styles and Horan visited the diner often and Taylor knew her decision to join Karlie was for the best. She forbade Karlie from visiting her at work anymore, fearful that they already knew. 

The days grew closer to the final day. 

The day she would swear the sacred oath, that she still thought was ridiculous. 

She’d asked to girls about the oath several times and they told her she’d have to first prove herself in a job and if she survived and fluently finished her tasks, then she’d swear herself over to the sisterhood. 

She’d be a Dame. 

A/N: I don't have much to say today, I have a terrible cold but weirdly enough, writing this chapter cured the headache I had. And I apologize for the terrible quality of this chapter. Writers block sucks. 

Thanks for reading :D 

Ps. follow my twitter @/afragilelittle