Till The Casket Drops

Song for the chapter: TIll The Casket Drops by ZZ Ward

“How long would you stay by my side?”

They had arrived at the cabin just as the sun was about to rise and the girls split up in pairs in the three different rooms. Taylor and Karlie lay on the bed that she used whenever her family had went and vacationed there. The blinds were shut and the both of them were wrapped tightly in the warm comforter, half asleep, when Karlie’s voice brought Taylor out of her warm bubble.

“Till the casket drops.” Taylor half joked. “I thought me joining you was proof enough that I wasn’t going to give you up any time soon.”

Karlie brushed a fallen strand of blonde hair out of Taylors face.

“Don’t do that.” Taylor said sternly.

“Do what?” Karlie said defensively.

“Start brooding. Leave that to batman.”

“I’m not brooding.” Karlie rolled her eyes. “Just making sure we haven’t scared you out of it. Most girls can’t handle the first lock up.”

“I was only in there for half day, plus I knew you were going to come get me. I was more worried about you.” Taylor reassured her.

Karlie sighed softly. “I guess I’m going to have to get used to that.”

“What?” Taylor propped herself up on her elbow.

“Worry.” Karlie mimicked her. “I’ve been on my own for so long that I haven’t cared enough for someone to worry about them. Even with the rest of the girls, I’m close with them but I don’t worry about them. When one of them is injured, I just focus on filling their position until they get better and if they don’t, I don’t even shed a tear. I’ve been this stone cold lonely girl for so long I didn’t even know if I had feelings anymore. I slept around a lot, desperately looking for someone who would-, fill that whole inside me that was growing inside me. And then,” Karlie’s eyes were filled with tears but she had much more strength to hold them in then Taylor, who was shedding them freely. “I saw you. You don’t realize how much you’ve changed me.”

“You’ve changed me too.” Taylor responded. “You’ve made me stronger. I won’t tell you not to worry about me, that would be pointless but I’ll promise not to do anything stupid if you promise to try opening up more. I don’t know what happened to you, and when you feel ready to tell me I’ll be here, but I will always be here for you. Like I said, till the casket drops. I love you K.”

Eyes filled with tears, Karlie softly kissed Taylor as she pushed her down onto the bed. Pulling apart, Karlie’s lips moved to place kisses along Taylor’s neck. In response Taylor laced her fingers in Karlie’s hair. Karlie’s hands ran along Taylor’s body, rubbing gently over her breasts which were covered only by a small tank top. Karlie’s lips traced a path on Taylor’s torso stopping just at the top of the tank top. With one hand she reached down to pull the tank up and Taylor began to wiggle out of it.

“I love you.” Karlie whispered, her warm breath causing goose bumps to form where her lips hovered.

-

The cabin hadn’t been stocked with food in years and was empty of much of anything. Karlie and Taylor were the last one to emerge from their room. Lily paced in front of the large fireplace, yelling into her phone and Cara, Jourdan and Joan were playing a game of UNO. Taylor sat down beside Cara as Karlie went to speak with Lily.

“I hope you don’t mind. We found these in the room.” Jourdan explained.

“No problem, I had no idea they were even here.” She watched them play until Lily finished her call and whispered something to Karlie.

“What’s up boss?” Cara asked.

Lily sighed loudly, “The girls are having trouble finding a unclaimed territory. And without me there they haven’t been able to negotiate with any bosses. We’re going to have to regroup and figure out a solid plan. But we have to have a solid roof over our heads. It’s not a good idea for any of us to be out in the opening. Because of Kendall, we are now all on the most wanted charts.” She rubbed her forehead, tiredly.

“We should get out of state. Start somewhere fresh.” Cara suggested.

“We also have to take care of Kendall. She broke the oath.”

“Lena is handling Kendall. We cannot go back there. I have connections in New York but that’s on the other side of the country.”

Karlie placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, “We’ll figure it out. For now we should focus on getting all the girls together. Have a full group discussion about what we will do.”

“We can pull jobs on the way to New York.” Taylor suggested, a plan already forming in her head. “Pull a hit & run in every state or city we come across. So by the time we get to New York we’ll have enough to get us a solid roof and establish our presence in the underworld.”

“You’re an evil genius.” Cara praised in wonderment.

Taylor blushed.

“It could work. We’d have to be quick and Gigi might not be able to hack every bank so we’d be going in with a risk but I think we can pull it off.” Karlie smiled proudly at Taylor.

“I like that plan.” Jourdan added. “A change of scenery would be nice.” Joan nodded in agreement.

 “Alright. Lets meet up with the girls, work out all the kinks, and go from there.” Lily decided. “Good idea Taylor, you’ll be a good for this team.” 

A/N: Yay I finally updated! It's been like a week and three days but I swear this week will have lot of updates cause I finally have SPRING FREAKING BREAK! 

Not much happening in this chapter and I think the end is near. I have to figure out if I want it to end a certain way ;) 

Thanks for reading! :)