Criminal

Song for the chapter: Criminal by Britney Spears

The room was only lit by one single ceiling lamp.

She had woken up in a cell and was shortly then escorted into the interrogation room. She was handcuffed and she had a killer headache, probably from the blow to the head.

She didn’t let herself worry about herself; she focused on the possibility of Karlie still being out there and safe. She hoped that the girls had enough time to clear out the hideout or make it a safe distance away. Soon a detective would walk in and she would for the first time, lie to the law.

-

“Taylor Alison Finlay, took on the last name of Swift after her family was brutally murdered. She went into witness protection due to her relationship with Lily Aldridge, who was a small time member to the Beckham gang back in its prime years. The gang was eventually infiltrated and Aldridge, thanks to information from Detective Jenner, formulated her own team of female criminals.” Chief Payne informed the group of detectives as they stared into the one way glass where Taylor sat.

“Jenner has informed us that Swift is not an official member of the gang, today was her initiation of sorts. She was a hostage to a job back in may and one of the members of the team took an interest in her. Karlie Kloss is her name, Jenner say’s she’s highly dangerous and we’ve just received her rather extensive file. The two have engaged in a relationship and Jenner believes that Swift is being misled by Kloss into believing the two are in love.”

Detective Malik scoffed, “Does she know anything?”

“That’s what Detective Styles and Horan will need to figure out.” Payne instructed.

“I think she’ll talk if you give her the right incentive, offer her a shorter sentence, whatever it takes to get that information. A lawyer is on the way and then we can begin the interrogation.”

“You won’t have to wait long.”  A short pixie cut women stepped into the room. “Chief Payne, I’ll be representing Ms. Swift. I’m Lena Dunham.”

“Ms. Dunham, pleasure to meet you.”

They shook hands.

“I’d like a brief word with my client before you talk to her.”

“Of course, let her in.”

The detectives watched as the lawyer entered the room and introduced herself to the girl.

-

“Hello Ms. Swift. I’m Lena Dunham, I’ll be you’re lawyer.”

The women set down a briefcase and took a seat down beside Taylor.

“Hi.” Taylor said cautiously.

“You don’t have to worry, I’m the best of the best and you’ll be out of here in no time.” She winked. “Just follow my lead and make sure not to give into any of their tricks. Oh,” She leaned in close to whisper, “K said hello.”

Taylor tried her best to keep her reaction neutral but her heart thudded loudly in her chest.

Instead she nodded her head and Lena smiled at her in reassurance. “I’m sure you have plenty of questions but we’ll handle that later.”

“Kendall.” Taylor leaned in close to whisper.

“Don’t worry about her.” They sat up straight as Detective Styles and Horan entered. Harry’s face was blank of any emotion as they took a seat.

“Shall we get started?” 

“Taylor I told you months ago that I could help you if these women were threatening you, I still can.” Harry was no longer sitting down across from them. His coat was now off and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. 

Taylor was tired of the whole conversation already. They’d been going back in forth for over an hour and Taylor stuck to her guns and kept her silence. She would not betray Karlie or any of the girls. 

Harry pounded on the table as Taylor remained silent. 

She only flinched slightly. 

“Damn it Taylor, I’m trying to help you!” He yelled in frustration. 

“Detective.” Lena warned. 

Harry groaned and paced the room. 

“Detective Jenner has told us that you have gotten intimate with one of the members. Karlie’s her name right?” 

“My client’s sexual relationships have nothing to do with this.” 

“They do if they are involved in this investigation.” 

“Detectives that’s enough for today.” Chief Paynes voice rang into the room. 

Harry sighed. “Alright. We’ll give you a few more minutes to talk and then we’ll have someone escort you out.” He growled and quickly exited the room with Niall on his heels. 

“You did good,” Lena praised. “Be sure to be awake at exactly 3:30 A.M.” 

Taylor nodded and Lena squeezed her shoulder. 

“Good luck.” 

A/N: Someone asked if i would make this into Orange is the New Black territory and as fun as that sounds, I have a different plan for this story! Y'all know Karlie wouldn't let her girl become someones vanilla swirl. :)

Thanks for reading!