Bad Blood

Song for the chapter: Bad Blood by Taylor Swift, cover by Sophia Scott ( I wanted an acoustic version of the song ) 

She was the most beautiful girl Taylor had ever seen in her life. 

There she stood surrounded by a large group of friends, a smirk was all that displayed any sense of interest in the conversation. Her wise eyes occasionally scanned the room, never staying on one thing for too long. She couldn’t help staring at her. 

She kept her distance as most of the lower class kids who were fortunate to be invited to the after game party did. As a freshman, she wasn’t anything important to most of the teens in the room, her status only having any meaning due to her relation to her cousin Diana who was a senior and quite popular. 

Taylor held the same cup of water that Diana had handed her when she first arrived in her hands as she sat quietly on the pushed back red sofa. It had stains from fallen drinks and she wondered how the parents of the party host would react. A few drunken boys had approached her but she managed to bore them in leaving her alone, with only a few stubbornly bothering her. 

She was about ready to leave when she looked up to find the beautiful girls eyes on hers. She didn’t recognize her from school and wondered if she was a college girl. Her gaze was intimidating and Taylor found herself straightening up from her hunched position. She watched as the girl whispered something in her friend’s ear. She felt herself blushing, sure that they were making fun of her. She decided it was time for her to head home and get some rest. 

Finding Diana in the crowded was tougher than she planned and after almost thirty minutes of searching, she decided to just text her. She was just typing the message as she stepped out of the house when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning she came face to face with the beautiful girls friend. 

“My friend Lily thinks your cute.” She stated, handing over a slip of paper. 

Blushing, Taylor stared down at the hand. “Um, what?” 

“Yeah it’s a bit middle school but we figured you must be a freshman and thought that ‘hey my friend Lily thinks you’re hot and wants to hook up with you’ was a little strong. We didn’t want to scare you too much.” She winked. “This is her number. She said to text her and you two could meet up sometime. If I were you, I wouldn’t wait. Lily doesn’t like her attention to be ignored and she gets bored easily.” Shrugging, the girl returns back into the house and Taylor is left with the slip of paper with seven numbers. 

It took Taylor a full day to text Lily first. It took her nearly an hour to figure out what she wanted to say. In the end she decided on something simple. 

Taylor: Hey this is Taylor from the party (your friend gave me your number) : ) 

She waited anxiously for ten minutes for her to reply and when her phone chimed with the new message she nearly fell off her bed. 

Lily: Hiya cutie. ;) Glad you decided to text me. How are you? x 

They texted no stop for a whole week and Taylor felt herself craving Lily’s messages. She had written all their conversations down on a notebook and in between classes she walked around the halls in a zombie like state, staring into the tiny screen of her cell phone. She found herself sneaking her phone underneath the table at dinner and underneath her desks. Lily was incredibly easy to talk to, surprisingly. She was also relentlessly flirty. Taylor wasn’t aware that she was capable of flirting back but when she rewrote their conversations down, she found herself blushing at her responses.