Chapter 1: Bye Mom

“Mom, I’m going whether you like it or not!” 

She always worries about me over the simplest things, but this wasn’t really a simple thing. I was going to Romania for a month to study Dragons and their environment. I’ve always been interested in Dragons for as long as I could remember.

“Isabella, I just worry about you! This is the first time you’re going out of the country alone.” She gave me a you’re-not-ready-to-be-by-yourself look.

“Maybe you forgot, but I did go to school out of the country for seven years!”

It’s true I was one out of three kids from America that went to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Scotland. Being that far away from home was hard in the beginning, but after my second year there it was easier to deal with.

“I know, but at least I knew where you were and that you were safe!” Her voice was starting to sound more angry than worried.

What she didn't know was all the things that happened during my fourth year when Harry Potter arrived at Hogwarts. She knew something was happening, but never really understood the severity of the situation.

“Mom, I’ll be alright. Besides I won’t be alone the entire time. Jenny is joining me in two weeks after she gets everything situated at home.”

Jennifer Steal was my best friend since we were six years old. Neither of us knew we were witches until we were eleven. I went to Hogwarts and she attended Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. She had brown hair that she liked to keep short and deep brown eyes that she always framed with glasses. She was about my height, which wasn’t very tall, we both only were about five feet tall. During the school year we constantly wrote each other telling about each others adventures. After we both graduated she met a guy and ended up having a baby boy named Caiden. The father didn’t stick around, but she didn’t need him, she had me and her entire family behind her.

“Is the baby coming with you?” My mom asked.

“Mom, we wouldn’t bring a three year old with us to visit Dragons!”

“Well, that’s good I suppose.”

She just stared at me waiting for me to say something.

"Mom I'll be fine! Don't worry! There are plenty of trainers there that will be with me the entire time I'm around the Dragons."

She still looked worried and scared.

“Alright well I need to get going. They’re expecting me in a few hours and I want to get situated in the cottage I’m staying in.” I put on my back pack with my supplies that i needed. I charmed the bag to have an endless bottom. I usually over pack so I'm glad I learned that spell.

“Be safe. I love you.” She gave me a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Bye! I love you too.” And with that I pulled out my wand and apparated to my new home for a month.