11: Carnival (Dylan x Reader)

Your P.O.V

We always hang out. He knows me more than I know myself. He literally helps me with making decisions, giving me advise, you know... Friend stuff. Heck, he's closer to me than all my girl friends.

Tonight he invited me to the big carnival our town was having. I always loved carnivals.

I got dressed extra nice, and I'm already waiting at the door for Dylan to pull up with his car.

Im super nervous... Tonight it's just Dylan and I that are hanging out. I know I shouldn't be nervous but... I like him. A lot.

There was suddenly a beep outside and I yelped since I got startled. A smile crept to my lips and I ran outside seeing the person I wanted to see.

The electric blue car door swung open and the tall figure stepped out. He was wearing a white shirt with his jacket open, along with some dark blue jeans. He looked amazing. The smile on his lips only made me smile bigger.

"Hey you." Dylan greets as he walked up to me.

"Hey." I answer.

"Ready to go?" He smiled then scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah." I say smiling.

"Great." He says and opened the door for me and I smiled at his gentleman gesture.

"Thanks." I say a bit shyly. He answered with a "no problem" and let out a small nervous chuckle. I sat in the car and he closed the door.

He came into the car and I got a whiff of his wonderful cologne.

It was quiet for a little bit, I noticed Dylan looking at me every now and then. But I only saw from the corner of my eye since I was twiddling with my fingers.

...

We went on different small rides and it was super fun. Then we only had two tickets left which meant we could go on one more ride.

"What ride do you wanna spend our last ticket on?" I ask and giggled.

"How about the Ferris wheel? Never been..." He said with a shrug.

"Never?! Dyl where have you been?!" I laugh.

"I'm asking now!" He laughed and we ran over in line.

The man opened the gate to let Dylan and I on the ride. We both took a seat and Dylan locked the metal bar in front of us so we could hold onto it.

You know, for hanging out for the first time alone with Dylan, I had a lot of fun.

"Hey Dylan, I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun with you tonight." I smile and he grins.

"Same here." He said.

"Thanks for bringing me out tonight." I smile and his head shot up and he looked at me with a heart warming smile. "Y/N-" He was cut off by a sudden stop. And that's when we realized that the ride didn't move.

Dylan looked at the ground and his head immediately returned with eyes squeezed shut. "Wow that's high." He said.

"It's okay. Um... What were you going to say before the ride stopped?" I say trying to change the topic.

"That doesn't really make me feel better Y/N..." Dylan said.

"Why not?" I asked a little suspicious.

"Y/N?" Dylan said suddenly.

"Yes?"

"You enjoyed the night we had right?" He said.

"Of course." I smile. "And there's no one I'd rather have here than you. And even though we're stuck up here... It's still better that you're here." He grew a smile and stares into my eyes with his big brown ones that were illuminated by the rainbow lights around us.

"Really?" He said happy.

"Yup." I smile.

"S-so then... Um I uh I wanted to uh I wanna a-ask of you wanted to uh you know... Uh like-" his hands gripped the metal bar in front of him and my heart began to quicken thinking this was going to lead where I wanted it to.

"Oh my god I'm going to vomit." Dylan said and put one hand on his forehead.

"Hey are you okay Dyl?" I ask and put my hand on his back rubbing it.

"I'm great. Just nervous." He said.

"Dyl I'm sure we'll get down from here soon." I giggle then continue. "You don't have to be nervous." I say and looked into his eyes that were staring into mine but trailing down to my lips.

I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled when all of a sudden his lips attached to mine.

I was shocked and didn't know what was happening. But it didn't take me long to realize I had to kiss back, and so I did.

We slowly pulled apart and Dylan looked into my eyes. "I wasn't nervous when you said I didn't have to be." He smiled.

"I've been waiting forever." I say and I kissed him.

The ride started moving again and we ended up pulling apart since the ride startled us. We both laughed.

"Y/N... Will you be my girlfriend?" He said staring at me but gripping the metal bar tightly.

"Of course!" I squeal and hugged him.

His grip loosened on the bar so I know that I relieved him and gave him what he wanted. He laughed as he hugged me tightly.

...

"Want me to win that for you?" He says as we passed by a booth with gigantic stuffed animals.

I giggled. "Go for it."

He ran over to the booth and payed for the 10 darts.

He threw the first one which ended up missing the balloon. He missed the second time too.

"Come on..." He cursed under his breath.

He then hit a balloon, and at the same time we both cheered.

"Come on Dyl you can do this!" I giggle.

Finally he ended up winning, and gave me a giant pink stuffed dog with hearts all-over it.

Dylan and I enjoyed the rest of the night together, as a couple.

The end