Everything Will Be Okay (Baby!Zayn)

Start from the beginning

He went over to the bathroom next and threw the clean nappy away. After splashing his face with some cold water to hopefully cool himself down, he went back to his room and locked the door. It didn't even occur to him that his boyfriends were freaking out downstairs over his behavior. They had been the ones who had kept this going so long in the first place. Every time he had voiced his concerns to them they would brush it off to the side and make excuses. Not anymore. He didn't want to see them for quite a while after this whole incident.

The rest of One Direction really was frightened over Zayn's act. They knew they should have listened... but they had never thought it would come to this. If he wanted some space in order to figure things out, that's what he would get. They all needed some time to theirselves every once in a while.

Zayn did take his time. He stayed upstairs until about ten, when he finally figured that he had hidden enough. Besides, he had obviously missed dinner, and he didn't feel like putting up with his stomach growling any longer. He nonchalantly headed downstairs and walked into the kitchen. Four pairs of eyes were on his back, but he did the best he could to ignore them. In fact, he held his head high and pretended like there had been no baby Zayn in the first place.

It took very little time in the kitchen to make himself a sandwich and find some crisps to go along with it. He was halfway through what could be considered his dinner when four other boys hesitantly walked in, walking carefully as if they were afraid he was going to snap at them or something. Zayn only ignored them and continued eating.

"Zee? Can we talk to you?" Niall asked. When he received a simple shrug as a reply, he took a seat beside him and looked into his face. Zayn completely refused to make eye contact, but that wasn't surprising. He was always the kind of person to keep silent and try to ignore his troubles.

The other boys took seats around the table, all of them looking for any more signs of distress from Zayn. So far, there weren't any. It was a start, at least.

"Are you... okay? I mean, I know what happened wasn't exactly what you wanted, but... how do you feel about it?"

It took Zayn a while to answer again. He swallowed what was in his mouth and sighed, clearing his throat. "What can I say? We should have stopped sooner. I don't know how they keep getting these pictures, but it's become pretty obvious that this isn't fake. They know, and I'm finished with ageplay."

Louis took Zayn's tanned hand in his own and kissed it gently. "Love... we don't have to stop. We'll just be more careful."

"That isn't working, Lou. We've tried being more careful, remember?" He asked bitterly. Wordlessly, he removed his phone from his pocket and opened up the twitter app. He then handed the phone over to the oldest boy, letting the others lean over to look as well. Their faces paled as they saw the numerous tweets filled with hate.

"Fans sent you these?" Liam asked in disbelief.

Zayn nodded. He had read through almost every single one. They all hurt him, but he couldn't bring himself to stop reading. "They're right, you know. We're famous. We shouldn't be doing stuff like this. If I can't handle the stress, I should leave the band." The lads started to protest, but he interrupted them again. "Look, hopefully we can explain to Management and we can talk to the fans. If they want to put this in the past, we can still be the same. If not... I'll just leave the band. Either way, I'm not going back to ageplay."

Nobody knew what else to say. They couldn't stand the thought of being a band without all five of them, but there was no changing his mind.

Silently, Zayn set his dishes in the sink and went back upstairs, preparing for what was to happen the next few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuck!"

Harry, Louis, Liam and Niall all winced when they heard Zayn curse. They already knew what was happening. He had another accident.

The band had admitted that Zayn sucked both his thumb and his dummy; there was just no real way around it. They left the other things out, not wanting to prolong the embarrassment. The fans had laughed and sent more hate, but after a week things were finally dying down and becoming normal again. It had only been a matter of time.

Now they had Zayn's problem to deal with. He was so used to nappies that he couldn't help but just let go whenever he needed to. He was more self aware in public, so nothing bad had happened there, but home was a different story. He was constantly running to try to make it to the toilet. More often than not, it just wouldn't work and he would have to throw another load of wet clothes into the laundry.

Sure enough, Zayn ran upstairs to go change into some clean clothes. When he reappeared, his cheeks were flushed and he had an annoyed expression on his face. His accidents were no secret in the house.

"Everything okay?" Liam asked, rubbing Zayn's back comfortingly. He simply stared down at the carpet and nodded. They had also noticed that the dark-haired lad had become a lot quieter since all of the hate had finally surfaced.

"No, it isn't." Niall stated, shaking his head. They all turned to him in disbelief, but he only shrugged. "What? Come on! He's absolutely miserable!"

"I'm fine, Niall." Zayn stated, crossing his arms and glaring at the blonde.

"Then why do you mope around the house all of the time? You aren't happy! Don't lie to us!"

"Maybe I'm pissed because I can't stop having accidents, okay?" Zayn finally yelled, turning around and heading back upstairs. Louis wrapped his arms around his waist before he could get away and sighed, placing his head on his shoulder. "I can't get away from this..." Zayn whispered.

That led to a very long talk that nearly lasted all night.

It wasn't until three in the morning that they came up with a solution. Just to make sure that they didn't forget, they all went out and bought what they needed. They had decided that Zayn needed ageplay. There was definitely no way to get around that. However, instead of wearing nappies all of the time, they would ease him into pull-ups that wouldn't be anywhere near as noticeable. The dummies, blankets, bottles, and stuffies would all have to stay at home to avoid anymore misunderstandings.

Oddly enough, Zayn was much more comfortable with this idea than quitting altogether. The second he was told the plan and was changed back into a nappy, he cuddled up with his favorite stuffed dog and blanket and fell asleep in his crib.

The hate continued, but it was more like the occassional comment every once in a while instead of a full-blown rant. They could handle anything that came their way, that was for sure. And as for One Direction as a band? They had never been stronger.

Yeah... this whole thing was kind of weak. I'm so sorry.