-epilogue-

I remember blue eyes like the deepest ocean. Long hair worn in dreadlocks. I remember a kind and loving smile. Big and steady hands that could create a new universe. I remember arms that held me so tight, even when it was cold and painful. I remember bubbling laughter, happiness, love.

I once was an ordinary girl, and although I can't really remember that particular life, I know I had it. I was named Paige Samuels, and I had it hard. I was tormented, I was chased and pushed off the cliff. I made a decision that wasn't mine to take, I took in my hands what I shouldn't have touched.

I killed myself.

And I was punished for that. I had to stay for so long, stuck in an endless circle until those blue eyes came, until those big and steady hands took mine and pulled me away, showing me what life was supposed to be about. Until that kind and loving smile was only for me. Until those arms held me when I was slipping down, when I was breaking and aching. Until that bubbling laughter, happiness and love was what I was made of instead of the pain I took with me the moment I took my life.

I remember a bittersweet goodbye and a promise to meet again.

I remember a boy that gave me back my life after I turned my back on it.

After all these years, after all that's happened for him, I still remember him and they way he looked at me. From the first to the last. He is the most vivid thing in my memory from that life, the one I decide to hold on to. I still remember how much I loved him... as much as I still love him.

And because I remember him so clearly and vividly, I recognise the blue eyes when they are in front of me. That loving smile that still warms my heart. That big and steady hand reaching out for me, bringing back the bubbling happiness that he once gave me.

I laugh, I jump, I run to him. "James!" I cry out, now trapped in his arms, because it's finally time.

We are together again.

-The End-

⋙⋘

And that's it, the epilogue. I tried to make it similar to the prologue. I hope you liked it. I really want to thank all the support and love for this story. For Paige and James. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know I wasn't the most organised or constant with this story, so I'm even more thankful for your patience. It was a fun and emotional journey and you made this story better with your input and love.

Please, continue showing your support with Absent and Crushed, and then with my other paranormal story (which isn't about James but a new character): HAUNTED.

Leave a last comment and vote if you enjoyed this story! And if you tweet me your thoughts I'l RT them. (@BelWatson)

Bel, xx