Chapter Fifteen

Jordanne's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night. I everything seemed to be normal, Rin snoring a little away from me. It was still, a little too still. I just decided I was losing my mind and took a walk. It gave me time to think.

There was only eighteen girls left, we started with fifty. That was really surprising. Mobs weren't spawning, which was even more surprising, but very peaceful. Almost too peaceful for my liking.

I looked up for the moon, judging it was about midnight. A thought then occurred to me.

What if I get out?

No Jordanne, think positive. You won't get out, at least not until you get Bayani out.

What if Rin or Lilly get out?

You'll protect them the best you can. Besides, the only thing that seems deadly right now is a poisonous potato. Nothing will hurt them, I hope.

What if you go crazy?

"Crazy," I said. "Pshh, I'm already there. I mean, I'm here talking to myself about things that are never going to happen."

"I second that," I heard someone say behind me. It was a female voice, so not Bayani, which I was surprisingly happy about, considering I want to get that fucker out. I turned around to see a girl leaning against a wall. She had light brown hair and grey eyes. She was very skinny and had a tattoo. She stuck out her hand, which I shook. "They call me Carly."

"Jordanne. Nice to meet you," I said. She let go of my hand.

"Hmm, have you gotten anybody out?" She asked. That had me laughing. "You are actually crazy, aren't you?"

"Maybe," I said. "I've gotten lots of people out, well, my group and I have. So yeah, I guess you could say I've gotten some people out."

"Well," she said. "Um, well, do you have an eye on anyone right now?"

"Oh, just the fuckboy," I said. She raised her eyebrows. "Bayani."

"Oh man," she started getting excited. "I love that guy, please don't get him out."

I just stared at her for a while. I sighed. "Sorry, I can't let him win the Games."

Her excitement went away. Her eyes went cold. "I can't let you do that. I won't let you do that. I'll make sure you get out, not Bayani."

I just shrugged and started walking away. She shouted behind me something about Bayani winning, which wasn't going to happen.

My messenger went off, along with the watch.

DulJuice out. Cause: Was inactive too long, stayed in the same place, counted out. *I see what I did there ',:)*

Wait, game changer, we can get out for staying inactive too long? How long do you have to be inactive for that to happen? In all honesty, I kinda wanted to test how long until the makers would count me out. Then what would happen to me? Where do you go after you get out?

Too many questions for your own good Jordanne.

Whatever, just go back to the base. Go back to bed, don't worry about Bayani. Don't worry about anything. It's going to be okay.

So I did just that.

...

I returned to the base, it was just how I left it. Rin was still snoring, which meant that she was still okay.

I tried to settle back down and go to sleep, but I couldn't. I kept telling myself that nothing was wrong and that I'm in an uncomfortable position. Finally, I was able to sleep.

...

I woke up to Rin shaking me, freaking out.

"What the fuck?" I asked. "It's freaking morning, let me go to sleeeep."

"No," she said. "Get your lazy ass up, come on. Something really bad happened."

That got my attention. So the feeling I had last night was true. Did it have something to do with Carly? "Alright, I'm," yawn. "Up."

She rolled her eyes and I sat up against the base of the tree. "What is so bad that you woke me up at," I checked the watch. "6:34 am?"

"Lilly is missing," was all she said.

"I'm sure she went adventuring," I said.

"She would've messaged us," she said. She pointed at her messenger.

"I wonder how these things don't run out of battery," I said.

"Now's not the time Jordanne," she said. I put the messenger away. "We have to save Lilly."

"Fine," I said. "I'm sure she's just fine. She probably wanted something to eat in the middle of the night."

But I still followed her.

---

A/N

Hello everyone, how are you? Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If so, hit it up with a vote. It's really appreciated.

So, again, another short chapter. I was finishing it up, but today just had to be the day when I get a lot more homework than usual. So, this is a late night upload, hope you don't mind.

Anyways, so, hope you have a great day or night. Lilly will see you on Friday.

Until next chapter.

-Jordanne