animals and fights

“How was the basketball meeting last night?” I asked Eli as we ate breakfast the next morning. 

He seemed really distracted. “What?” 

“The basketball meeting, didn’t you go to one last night?” 

“Oh yah, it was okay.” He avoided my eyes. “Wanna go do something?” 

“What would that be?” 

“Let’s take Jasmine to the zoo.” 

“But it’s like cold outside?” 

“I’ll keep you warm, and this will be the last time we can go until it turns to winter! She’ll be super happy!” I couldn’t resist his puppy eyes and gave into him. 

“Okay fine, let’s go.” 

Eli went to tell Jasmine while I went to change. In the closet I eyed the victoria secret bag from Eli I still hadn’t opened, frankly I was a little scared. Kicking it further back into the closet, I pushed it to the back of my mind. 

*Eli’s P.O.V*

 I felt awful lying to Juliet about where I was last night, but I couldn’t tell her the truth, not yet. The truth is I was at a pack meeting, I had already missed two because of Juliet and I certainly couldn’t miss three. Missing pack meeting was frowned upon, especially the future alpha missing them. 

There was a community of rogues that was venturing closer and closer on our land, we wouldn’t have minded so much but this specific group was notorious for their brutality. 

We had decided to send a group of our men to politely ask them to leave, if that didn’t work then we would be forced to make them leave. 

I had decided to tell Juliet in 2 weeks. We would have been dating for almost 2 months by then. I was so nervous she wouldn’t take it well. 

The zoo was about a 45 minutes drive so when we finally got there, Jasmine was bouncing in her seat. I loved seeing her so excited, almost as much as I loved seeing Juliet happy. 

I paid for our tickets while Juliet stood with Jasmine. I nodded my head and then walked over to the entrance. “Where do you want to go first Jas?”

“Hmmmmm, elephants!” I looked at the map and led us to the elephants. 

*Back to Juliet*

We made our way around the whole zoo, looking at and admiring the animals.  As we neared the end of the zoo, there were only a few animals left, the flamingos, the wolves, and the reptile house. 

We went through the retile house first, then Jasmine led the way to the wolves. 

Something weird happened when we got there. The wolves, all 5 of them turned our direction. Almost as if they were staring at us. Then they crouched down, not in defense or attack but almost as if they were bowing. 

I looked at Eli to see if he was seeing this. He looked freaked out, not in surprise but in worry. 

“Come on we have to go.” He muttered, while pulling Jasmine and me away from the enclosure, and then away from the zoo altogether.  

I didn’t say anything until we pulled into the driveway. Jasmine was chattering the whole way home about how much fun it was and how she now wanted a pet orangutan.

“Jasmine honey, go inside and tell your mother all about your trip to the zoo!” Eli instructed. 

“Okay!” She sped off inside, skipping along the way.