revelations and secrets

I didn’t tell Eli about the incident with Vanessa, I didn’t want to worry him more. I promised myself if anything else happened I would tell him, but for now it would stay between Bev and I.  

I had to work after school so Eli dropped me off on his way home. Luckily, I had left my uniform at the café so I didn’t have to go home and get it.

Eli and I had decided that I would stay at his place another night, just to be sure. Sleeping with him had been glorious so I defiantly wasn’t complaining.

Work was slow; Eric was off today so I had no one to talk to.

I was grateful when Eli’s car pulled up. Locking up, I ran out to his car.

Groaning, I slid in the car. “What’s wrong?” Eli questioned as he turned the car on.

“Just tried, work was boring.”

He reached over and ran his fingers over my cheek. He was like a shot of ecstasy for a drug addict.

Sighing, I leaned into his touch.

When we reached my house Eli cautiously got out.

He walked around and opened the door for me. He looked angry; I reached up to hold his face. “It’s gonna be okay.” I reassured him.

He nodded and led me into the house. There was no one home, as usual. Eli followed me to my room and I grabbed clothes at random, shoving them into a bag. I didn’t have that many clothes so I pretty much just threw my whole closet into the bag.

“Okay, we can go.” As I was about to open the door to go out my room, I heard the front door slam. My eyes snapped to Eli’s.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him. It was kind of hot, him getting all protective and stuff. That was defiantly not an appropriate thought in a time like this.

I shook Eli’s arm off and hesitantly walked out into the main room.

“Juliet! Just the girl I was looking for!” It was my dad and he was drunk, not obviously but it was still there.

“Did you need something?” I kept my tone cold.

I could feel Eli’s gaze but I didn’t look back.

“Well yes actually.” I waited for his answer. “I was down hanging with the boys, and we decided to get a game of poker going, so I need some cash.”

This wasn’t a good sign; he had already run through his stash of money.

“Unfortunately I don’t have any on me. You’re gonna have to sit out this round.”

“Oh come on, maybe your friend has some.”