Creepers and dinner

I stared at the clock nervously. He was supposed to be here by now. 

I saw his car pull up and I hesitantly opened the door. He got out and opened the door for me. 

“Do you think I’m over dressed?” I was wearing a classic tan dress that hugged me up tight then flowed out gently, it had a blue stripe at the bottom. I was wearing matching blue heels with it. Bev lent the whole outfit to me and I was so grateful. 

I did my hair in a fishtail braid that went over my shoulder. 

“I think you’re perfect.” 

Blushing, I climbed in the car. 

“Is your whole family gonna be there?”

“My dad is out of town for work so he won’t be there.” I gulped. That’s one less family member to worry about. 

“Juliet, they already love you. There is nothing to be worried about.” 

“I’m going to be nervous no matter what you say, so you may as well just give up now.” 

He sighed, “Fine.”

We were at his house and my hands started to shake. I looked at Eli and he smiled at me. 

He leaned in and kissed me. Kissing him back eagerly, I was trying to distract myself from my impending doom. It worked because when we pulled away, I was utterly calm. 

“Are you ready?”

I nodded and we walked up to his house.

“Wait.” I commanded when we reached the door.

Leaning in, I gave him one last kiss.  

I took a deep breath and put on a smile. 

“Let’s go.” 

We walked in the door and it was chaos. There were kids running around, and somewhere else in the house I could hear a woman screaming. 

We reached the kitchen and I saw a woman in a sophisticated outfit, with an apron on. It totally clashed but somehow she made it look good. The woman was beautiful, she had the same hair color as Eli, I could tell that it was his mom. 

“Eli, why didn’t you tell me you were here!” She must’ve seen us. She turned and looked at me. “You must be Juliet.” She rushed over and gave me a huge hug, I was taken by surprise to say the least. “Eli’s description didn’t do you justice, you’re beautiful.” She paused for a moment to take me in then promptly yelled for the children to come to the kitchen. 

“Thanks Mrs. Wood.” 

“Please call me Mary.” 

The 4 kids came in, one after the other. 

There was a little girl there; I assumed she was Jasmine, the 5 year old. 

 She was hiding behind her hair. There was also a young boy who looked about 7 and a girl who looked to be 12, Caleb was there too, I gave him a small smile and he grinned back. 

“Hi, I’m Juliet.” 

“We know, Eli talks about you a lot, I’m Dustin.” He had a slight lisp and it was adorable. 

“Does he now?” I said sneaking a glance over at Eli, he was blushing. 

“Are you guys dating?” Rebecca said, the twelve year old. 

“Yes.” Eli replied, getting there before I could.

“Ewwww! Elis gross.” Rebecca exclaimed.