alcohol and wendys

The next day flew by in a blur. Bev came over to drop off a dress for me to wear tonight.

While she was over she did my hair and make up; she made me tell her everything about last night.

She awed when I told her about the Ferris wheel and him asking me to be his girlfriend.

“You guys are so cute together!” She told me right before she left.

It was now 7:50 and I was waiting anxiously for Eli to get here.

I nervously picked at the dress Bev made me wear. ‘Was it too revealing? What if I looked like a slut.’ The dress had a gold sparkly top and it had a black ruffles on the bottom. It was super cute but I was worried about making a bad impression.

I saw Eli’s car pull up, I guess it’s to late to change now. I walked out the door, careful not to trip over the stairs; I was wearing very tall heels.

Eli was halfway to the front door when he saw me.

“I was going to come up and…..” He trailed off when he saw what I was wearing.

“You look amazing.”

“You don’t think its, too much?”

“I think it’s perfect.”

“Come on,” He opened the door for me and I climbed in.

“Do you mind if we stop at Wendy’s real quick? I forgot to eat dinner.”

‘That’s fine.” I was secretly cheering. I hadn’t eaten all day.

We pulled up to the drive through and he ordered me fries and a burger, he ordered the same for him.

“Thanks.” I said while dipping a fry into ketchup.

“Anytime.”

Once we were done eating we drove to the party.

“Who is having this again?”

“Daniel.”

“Okay I can remember that.”

“You sure you wanna do this? It’s gonna be a little crazy in there.”

“I’m sure.”

The moment we stepped out of the car I could hear the music blaring.

Eli lead me towards the door and I started to get nervous, this was my first high school party after all.

When we got inside I wasn’t surprised, it looked like what I imagined.

There was a presumed dance floor where people looked more like gorillas then actually dancing. Then there was a drink table where different alcohol was spread around, and of course there were couples making out everywhere.

I gulped.

Eli led me over to the drink table, where crowds of people were. A guy came out of the crowd and Eli went over to him and gave him a manly hug.

“I’d like you to meet Juliet my girlfriend. Juliet, this is Daniel.”

“Hi, nice to meet you.”

“So you’re the girl he now spends all of his time with?”

“Um, I guess.” I felt guilty; I didn’t want to take away from his time with friends.

“Don’t feel bad, if I had a girlfriend as hot as you I wouldn’t be spending time with me either.”

I felt Eli’s arm tighten around me when Daniel said that, but I didn’t give much thought to it.