work and animal crackers.

The job was relatively easy; I had been a waitress before, since I had been working since I was 14.

My job was to take orders and bring food to the table; the hardest part was remembering that ‘the customer is always right.’

“Come on! Lord of the Rings is so much better than Harry Potter!” there wasn't currently any customers in the store and Eric and I were having a full fledged nerd debate over which was better, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

“Lord of the Rings is so boring and it has no plot line.” I replied.

“We’ll have to take this up with Eli when he gets here. He’ll obviously choose the almighty Lord of the Rings.”  I couldn’t contain my blush when he said Elis name.

Eric noticed. “So what’s going on with you two?”

I couldn’t take any chances that this was all going to get back to Eli. “You swear you won’t tell him?” He nodded looking eager to hear.

“Honestly? I don’t know. Sure I like him, and I mean really like him, but I don’t know.” I said giving a frustrated groan. “Do you think it’s weird that I can like him this much but only have met him yesterday?”

“No, I don’t Juliet. I believe that we don’t choose love, love choses us, and true love? It can come from the most unexpected of places; it doesn’t matter if you’ve known him for 2 seconds or for 20 years, you can’t avoid it. You just have to roll with it.”

“Thanks Eric.” I said feeling a little better about my infatuation with Eli.

The rest of the hour flew by and before I knew it, Eli was walking in the door.  I was taking orders from a table when he came in so I couldn’t go over to him; he waved from across the room and sat down at a booth that was in my section. Once I went and gave the family’s order to the cook, I went over to talk to Eli.

“Hello I’m Juliet and I’ll be your server today, is there anything I can get for you?”

“Hmmmm. Well maybe a kiss?”

I really need to learn how to control my blush.

 "I think that's a little inappropriate for the workroom, maybe another time." I said jokingly trying to sound calm.

“I’ll be looking forward to it.” I smiled at him. “I’ll have a Dr. Pepper.” I nodded and walked back to the kitchen.

After 10 more minutes I was finally able to go sit down with Eli.

“Okay. Homework.” I said, sliding into the booth.

We spent the next 2 hours doing homework, and he helped me with chemistry.

When we had just finished all the homework I felt Eric slide in next to me.

“We have a very important question for you.”

Eli sent a questioning glance at me. “Fire away.”

“Which is better? Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Now before you answer you should know we have been friends since we were pups and our whole friendship rests on your answer.”

After a contemplative moment Eli finally gave the ruling. “Well I gotta say its Harry Potter.” I gave out a little cheer and stuck my tongue out at Eric who was sulking in his seat.

“I can’t believe you.” Eric said dramatically before he stormed off.

Eli couldn’t hold back his laughter any longer. It was contagious and I started laughing.