date night and corn dog

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groaned and rolled over. My alarm clock was buzzing. I looked at the clock and realized that I only had 10 minutes to get ready.

“Shit.”

I threw skinny jeans on while I was brushing my teeth; I brushed through my hair and threw it into a messy bun on top of my head.

I pulled on a t-shirt and looked at the clock, I had 3 minutes to spare.

I ran downstairs and found that somehow we had a loaf of bread in the pantry.

Shrugging it off I threw a piece in the toaster and gathered my homework and shoved it in my backpack. I saw Elis car pull up so I grabbed the toast and my shoes running outside.

“A little rushed?”

I sent him a, ‘shut up’ look.

“Hey.” He reached over and cupped my cheek. He brought his face to mine and gave me an innocent kiss. “Better?”

“A little, you could try again?” Where did this sudden confidence come from? 

He chuckled and leaned in again. This kiss was more forceful.

He wasted no time, he licked my lips asking for entrance and I opened happily.

“We’re gonna be late If we don’t leave now.”

I groaned and leaned back in my seat, “Why are you so noble?”

He laughed but didn’t answer. “Where’s Caleb?”

“Doctors appointment.”

“So… where are we going tonight?”

“Not telling.”

“Come on Eli! Pleeease? Pretty please.” I leaned over and rubbed my hand on his arm.

“No.” But I could tell that it was considerably weaker.

“I’m not telling you.” Damn. He seemed to have gotten his will power back.

I turned to watch out the window and pouted. I didn’t turn around even when we got to school.

“Juliet? Babe?” I was so tempted to turn around when he said that, but I was stubborn.

Then I felt myself being lifted.

Eli had lifted me off my seat and onto his lap.

“I’m sorry, don’t be mad.” Now I felt guilty.

“I’m not mad. I’m just stubborn.”

“Do you wanna know where we are going?”

“No, keep your goddamn secret.”

He laughed at me. “As much as I like our position, people are staring.”

“Oh no.” I turned around to see people not so casually peering in at us. “That’s so embarrassing!”

“Let’s go.” He said with a chuckle.

As he pulled me out of the car, he wrapped his arms around me so I was buried in his side.

I felt safe from all the stares. He led me to my locker and he just put his stuff in it.

“Juliet!” I turned to see who was calling my name to see Bev and Selena walking my way. “We need to talk to you.”

“Okay,” I turned to Eli, “I’ll see you in Spanish?”

Before he turned to leave he leaned down to give me a small chaste kiss on the lips.