Chapter 1 - Strange Puzzle

• Dedicated to Katelyn (ScarlettKS12)

Author Note: Alright, before we start, I’d like to set the stage and mood for the opening of this story. Let’s pretend that the Akatsuki is no more, Danzo, unfortunately, is still alive, Sasuke is still at large, and that Naruto, along with Sai, Sakura, and Kakashi are still apart of Team Kakashi. Yamato of course still has his dealings with the team, but continues to mostly be a part of Anbu affairs.

For the sake of my sanity, there won’t be that many language barriers (you’ll see why soon) and also for more comical relief, let’s pretend that the Naruto series does not exist in the ‘Modern World’ (again you‘ll see soon).

As usual, I do not own Naruto. I also do not own the poem or any pics used unless I state that they are in fact mine. Rating is PG-13 until otherwise stated.

One last thing...This story idea is dedicated to my friend on quizilla website ScarlettKS12. Kate, you are awesome and thank you so much for all of your help and support.

                                                             *Start*

Eclipse by Amanda Pridgen

It is hard to see sunlight through the eclipse.

As the sun light returns

As does the light within the darkness

As the problems worsen so does the emotional battle

We do not understand why all the problems last day after day

Wondering month after month if the hard times will ever come to an end

You begin to stop hoping and beginning to give up

You think you have gotten away from everything that was once good

Always feeling as though you failed as everything

You are afraid of daylight to come each morning afraid of what will go wrong

Coming to expect the worst from each and everyday

Now, finally someone tell you that your hardships are coming to an end

Now, you begin to see the sunlight and not hide from it

As with all things they must come to an end

Now you hurry up and wait just to see if happiness truly does exist

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One’s life as a shinobi could be seen as a hard one. Filled with sadness and sorrow, suffering and pain. Despite many that follow the will of their Kage, there are still many that hold a regret of some kind. A loss, a betrayal perhaps, or even maybe a combination of both. Whatever the reason for regrets, one thing was known and made clear for all shinobi… no one was without some kind of scar on their heart. Looks could be deceiving though for many. Putting on facades was a good way to seem unmoved or unharmed by such things. Such emotions…

One such shinobi was a master at such deception. Poking his nose into his offensive books and coming off as a lazy, irresponsible person who gave excuses for his lack of punctuality was the way he hid himself from the world, and in some aspect, it was to keep his friend‘s memory alive. His true emotions and mannerisms were sealed off from others and that suited him just fine. His level of loyalty and teamwork though, was something very open and apparent to others. His display in that department was really the only thing he did take care to let others know of. In his wise words, or rather in his dear departed friend’s wise words, “In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum.” That had been a lesson hard learned in his youth, but one that he would pass on and never forget.