Chapter 8

I walked into my apartment and waited for Ronny to greet me. But nothing came. So much for a welcome home.

I walked into the kitchen and saw him sitting at the table. He looked up at me, he didn’t seem very happy.

“I’m back.” I said to him, expecting a reaction.

“I see that.” He said coldly looking down at his plate of food that he had in front of him.

Whatever, I went to my room, and searched through my clothes. I needed something to wear to the party tonight. Yeah, I am going to let my hair down, figuratively, and party!

After I got back from my ‘walk’ with Andrew, we walked into Immy’s apartment and she jumped and screamed at us with excitement.

We waited a good ten minutes before she calmed down and explained to us that Vanessa was throwing a party and only the coolest of people will be there, and we were invited. I wasn’t really that excited to go.

“Its just a party.” I told her. Killing her mood.

“Just a party? Are you ser-” She started, until Andrew cut her off.

“I got this,” he whispered into her ear, “go. For me?” He said, locking eyes with me.

“Okay.” I said, breathless.

He bit his lit in anticipation and winked at me.

“Are you guys um-” She said.

“Yes,” Andrew said, while I said, “kinda.”

“Damn I am good.” She said, doing her happy dance again.

“Yeah you are.” Andrew said to Immy.

“Okay well I have to go get clothes then if we are going out.” I told them both, ruining the mood.

“I will go with you.” Andrew offered.

“No, I don’t want to start that again with him. Immy can take me. You got get ready.” I didn’t want Immy to take me, because last time I almost died, and you wouldn’t want my sexiness dead.

“Yeah, go get ready.” Immy told Andrew.

“Okay, okay. Jeez you guys.” Andrew left, but not before planting a kiss on my cheek.

I snapped back into reality when I heard Ronny clear his throat.

“Yeah?” I asked him, in my best innocent voice.

“Where do you think your going?” He demanded.

“To a party, with Immy, and uh, Andrew.” I hesitated on Andrew’s name.

“Did I say you could go?” He asked me, clearly pointing out that he was in charge. When did he decide to put on his big boy pants I am not taking any of this.

“Excuse me?” I spat back.

“You heard me! God dammit Anthony, I am the man here and you are staying home.” He hit the wall. I jumped back from his anger.

“You don’t control me Ronny.” I said to him, even I could hear the fear in my voice. I tried to stay strong. He has never acted like this. What is going on?

“Don’t right I do.” He got into my face. The veins in his neck started to pop out as anger rose on his face.

“What is going on here?” Immy asked at the door. Ronny turned around to her surprised. I forgot that Immy was in the car waiting for me.

“Nothing.” Ronny dismissed.

“Damn right it’s nothing. Are you ready Anthony?” She asked me. She could see the pain in my eyes. It was kind of obvious.