Chapter 6

“Stop staring at me like that.” I told Andrew.

“I am so not staring.” He laughed.

“Oh please, you act like I can’t see you.” I told him. He was sitting in Immy’s living room reading my favorite book, “Ice Cold Eyes” and I could feel Andrew staring at me. Immy was in the other room. Talking on the phone with her latest crush. Some girl named Vanessa, according to Immy, Vanessa is a ‘hot bitch.’

Those were her words not mine. I couldn’t focus on the story so I put my phone down. Yeah that’s right, I have the book on my phone. I looked over at Andrew and caught him in the act of staring at me. When he caught eye sight of me he quickly turned his focus back on the book he was reading.

“Don’t act like you weren’t just staring at me.” I told him. He looked up from the book and smiled at me. I reached up to his face and traced the scar that he had above his left eyebrow. It was my fault that it was that.

It was actually a funny story. It was how we met..

I love going for bike rides. They are just so much fun. I love the feel of the breeze as it caresses it’s way through my body. Today was a great day to ride to, because the clouds were covering the sun, so it wasn’t that hot. I was going on the trail that I usually went on. This was also a hiking trail, so I had to watch out where I was going.

Something to my left flashed in my eye really bright, and when I looked that way for a split second to see what corrupted my vision I ran into a person.

Everything was in slow motion as the person started to fall towards the ground, and I flew off my bike over him. I landed on my back but the person that was hit, ran into a tree. I quickly got to my feet and ran to him.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” I asked him, as he was laying on the forest floor.

“I am fine.” He said turning to face me. His face went blank when he looked into my eyes. I didn’t really look at him all that much, because I was to busy staring at the huge gash he had above his left eyebrow.

“Oh my gosh!! Dude, your eyebrow is cut!” I yelled.

“Is it?” He asked concerned. He reached up to his eyebrow. When he pulled his hand away, he looked at the blood, shock and fear crossed over his features, then his face went blank and he fainted.

I am not even joking he just fainted in front of me. I quickly looked around to see if anyone could help. There was no one. You would think that a lot of people would be hiking today but there wasn’t anyone.

I scooped him up. He wasn’t that heavy. Probably because I have been working out. I need to stay in shape for all the sports that I am in. Good thing we weren’t that far along the track. I just left my bike because I am sure someone will return it to me. I walked a half a mile till I reached the nearest hospital.

I ran in hopefully catching a doctors eye. There was no one there but the nurse at the desk. She looked at the guy in my arms, concern was the main feature on her face.

“Uh yeah. This boy is kind of heavy. Can you help me please?” I told her.

She quickly got up out of her desk and ran to the phone.

“Yes, there is a boy down here with blood dripping from his face. I need help ASAP.” She talked into the phone. When she was done she walked over to me and started to ask me questions.

“What is his name?” She asked.

“I don’t know, I just met him.”

“How did this happen.”