Shhhh! Act Like You're Not Naked

36.] Shhhh! Act Like You're Not Naked

The haze of smoke that lingered against the ceiling looked in desperate need of an escape route. The smoke detector was hanging from the white boards that ran across, the copper wires shining in the light. The double A batteries that had once been inside were sitting on the bedside table with an assortment of litter. An extra-large McDonald’s cup was the ash tray to the cigarette butts that I was continuously flicking inside. Several condoms, a few rumpled wrappers, a hair tie, a half-eaten taco, and my underwear were scattered across his bedside table. 

Reaching over from where I was curled against his body, I flicked my wrist, tapping my cigarette against the edge of the plastic cup. I watched as the smoke from my cigarette curled towards the ceiling. Part of me knew that I should stand up and leave the little nest we had made to open one of the windows, but I was far too comfortable to move.

 I watched as the smoke continued to gather along the ceiling. Tilting my head back against the sheets, I looked up over at my eyebrows at Eli, who was in the process of lighting another cigarette.

He cocked an eyebrow at me. I sat up, taking one last drag of my cigarette before smashing the end against the end table. I carelessly tossed it into the cup and ran a hand through my hair. The waves tumbled over my bare shoulders and I figured that my eyeliner and mascara were smeared beneath my red-rimmed eyes. I knew that Eli didn’t really give a damn about what I looked like.

Slipping my feet from the tangle of sheets at the bottom of the bed, I stood up and crossed the room. I could feel his eyes on my ass as I paused at the window and looked out. I opened it a crack and waited before turning around. I wasn’t surprised to find when I looked back to the bed that Eli had abandoned his cigarette and was trying to untwist himself from the sheets on the bed.

I raised my eyebrows at him, slowly allowing the curtains to fall from my grasp as he finally freed his legs frm the sheets. Practically jumping to his feet, he tried as hard as possible to walk slowly over to me, as if he really didn't care that I was completely naked and giving him a come-hither look.

Stepping up behind me, Eli brushed the strands of hair that fell along the back of my neck. With one hand lingering on my shoulder, he pressed his lips to the tip of my spine before moving his mouth to that oh so sensitive spot right beneath the edge of my jaw. I tilted my head back, resting it on his shoulder as his hands moved down along my body, leaving trails of fire everywhere.

"Why don't we just go back to bed?" His voice was ragged as he spoke against my neck.

"We've been there forever." I told him as one hand ran over my hip bone before moving along where my pantyline would be. The other hand was moving north, tracing the curve of my breast delicately.

Despite how amazing he was making me feel right this minute, I was unsurprisingly hungry. We hadn't left this tiny room since the bath last night, instead having wasted the hours of darkness tangled up in one another, whether awake or asleep.

To be completely honest, I had been expecting to wake up and find that something had changed. I was waiting for some cliched moment that I had seen in movies thousands of times, where the girl wakes up in the same bed as the guy she's finally slept with and has this revelation that she loves him. It seems that in Hollywood, sex is the driving point, it's what the romance is all about, it's what brings in the viewers.

When I woke up with my legs entangled with Eli's and my body sore from last night's activities, I knew two things. One was that I desperately needed a cigarette and two, I never wanted to leave this bed. Not because I suddenly realized just how much I cared for the naked boy beside me, but because I was honestly more comfortable than I had been in a long time.