Even the Period Poops Can't Stop Me

24.] Even the Period Poops Can't Stop Me

It quickly came to my realization that sleeping with Eli wasn’t going to be anything like what I had imagined in my head. For the most part, I had deemed him an average cuddler, expecting him to start out on a strong note before his subconscious took over and he began to flail about the bed, most likely stealing all of the covers and leaving me freezing on the lilac sheets beside him. I’d like to say that I was sadly mistaken, that he was even worse than what I had expected and didn’t even last five minutes before cuddling time was up for him and he was sprawled out on the bed, leg thrown over mine and his arm annoyingly resting against my stomach.

Neither was the case, because as much as I hated to admit it, Eli was a legit professional cuddler. As soon as we had climbed beneath the sheets, me immediately pulling them up to my shoulders and lying on my side, body already settled in the perfect spooning position. Eli slid in beside me after having dropped his jeans to the floor and had peeled his shirt off. Letting the sheet fall against his bare stomach, he reached over with one arm, pulling me until I was pressed against him, his stomach rising and falling against my back. With one arm holding me close, his feet tangled with mine, and his forehead resting against the pillow beside me, I immediately knew that this was a position I wouldn’t want to leave any time soon.

As we lied there, intertwined and silent except for the sound of the air-conditioning kicking in every so often, I could feel my heart bouncing in my chest cavity, refusing to slow down enough so that I could drift off to sleep. I wrapped my fingers around Eli’s, clinging to them as the night stretched on, seeming endless at the moment. Eli shifted slightly beside me, scooting back slightly so that we were no longer skin to skin. I rolled my head, looking at him from over my shoulder, eyebrows raised.

“What’s your problem?” I whispered.

“It was too hot.” He whispered back, fingers running along my side, pushing up the thin camisole so that it revealed a long stretch of tanned skin. Running his fingers down my side until they hit the waistband of my shorts, he moved his hand back onto my stomach, breath hitching slightly as I stretched my legs, back arching beside him.

“Sure it’s just too hot?” I teased, purposely bumping my butt against him. As my thighs collided with his body, I found a particular lump, something that made me giggle into the pillow before sliding across the sheets. Rolling over so that I was facing him, I gave him a grin, one that seemed to always cross my face when I was in his presence.

“Believe me, Ads, any room with you in it is too hot.” Eli rolled his eyes at me as he reached out, wrapping a strand of my hair around his finger. His blue eyes looked black in the dark, falling from mine to watch the spinning of his own finger.

“So that’s why you’re never wearing clothes when I’m around?” I laughed, tucking my hands beneath my cheek.

“Don’t be so full of yourself.” His eyes flicked up to mine. “I just like people to appreciate how attractive I am.”

“Ohmigod,” I giggled. “You’re ridiculous.”

“Says the girl who dances on coffee tables in her underwear.” He pointed out, letting the curl he had been wrapping around his finger spring off. It fell against my cheek and the lilac pillowcase, blending into the rest of the hair that was resting on the pillow. I could feel my cheeks burning in the darkness at the reminder of one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

“And you have room to talk Mr. I Would Screw the Guy Who Invented Crotchless Panties.” I teased, reaching out a finger and poking him in the stomach. I loved how he immediately tensed whenever I touched him, as if any little movement of mine was a spark and when we finally came together, it was a blazing fire.