Chapter 31: Dante's Birthday (Part 1)

OK, here is an update of VT. We are getting some more drama in this chapter. The story is coming to it's end though and there's not much left. But things are revealed and fights began to arise. Read on to see what happens. Also No Love Needed has finally been released. Check it out! Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dante's POV]

               I hopped out the shower and stared at myself in the mirror. Then I started brushing my teeth and preparing for my day today because I am freaking 18 now! I know my dad was going to try and have a little get together for me but I wasn’t sure if I wanted it. Just to be around Marcus and Kelsey would be enough for my birthday. But I wouldn’t complain. I finished getting ready and walked into the kitchen where my dad had prepared some breakfast for me.

“Happy Birthday, Dante!” My dad exclaimed, placing a plate in front of me as I sat down.

“Thanks dad. You really didn’t have to.” I said smiling.

“Oh nonsense. You’re finally 18 now. You should be excited.” My dad stated. I laughed a little. The food was really good and me and my dad just talked about what would be up for later.

“After you get out of school, I have something planned for you.” He said.

“What is that?” I asked.

“I figured we’d go out to eat and invite some family and friends. Then we could go bowling. I might even take you to a club later.” My dad said. I burst out laughing.

“I don’t need to go to a club but thanks for the offer dad.” I said.

“There’s also someone I want you to meet…now I’m not sure how to explain it but…it’s just been on my chest. I met someone at the retreat and they really helped me get through everything.” My dad said. He seemed extremely nervous. He must’ve found himself a little girlfriend. As long as my dad is happy I don’t care.

“Aw you got yourself a girlfriend?” I teased.

“I’m far too old to be using that term.” He chuckled out. I nodded. Boyfriend and girlfriend seem like high school and MAYBE college terms. Once you hit like your mid 30’s, you definitely shouldn’t use that term.

“But, um, you’ll see.” My dad concluded. We finished eating and then he took me to school. I went straight to the band room and Kelsey attacked me in a giant hug.

“HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY, DANTE!” She squealed. I gasped for air, trying to get out of her tight hold.

“You were supposed to let me say it first.” I heard Marcus say. I turned and looked at him and smiled. Kelsey jumped up and down, just giddy with joy. Marcus grabbed my waist and pulled me into an embrace.

“Happy birthday, baby.” He said softly, kissing me softly on the lips. I kissed him back, feeling the sparks ignite within me. Kelsey hugged us both in a big hug.

“Oh my gosh, so what are we going to do today?” She asked.

“Well, my dad is taking us to dinner tonight and then bowling. That should be fun.” I said.

“So we’ll meet at your place?” Marcus asked.

“Yes.” I replied. We all agreed on the plan. Sean then entered the room and looked at us all, looking a little lost.

“Hey everyone, what’s up?” He asked.

“We’re just talking about later on for Dante’s birthday.” Marcus answered.