Chapter 4: Mystery

Hola guys! Here is another chapter of Verboten Temptations. This chapter might not be exciting like the last, but it's paving the story. Keep that in mind as you're reading. Comment and vote! Hope you enjoy!

And if you'd like, you can read my friend's awesome story Why Forever: http://www.wattpad.com/story/3287261-why-forever

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

               I was still thinking about yesterday and how Chanel and I had that argument and how Dante touched me the way he did. Then for whatever reason, I decided to still hang out with him. Bowling was nice though. Dante didn’t try anything else while we spent time together. There was always the sweet smiles and longing gazes though. I didn’t comment though. I found it…nice. It’s like I’m just accepting the fact that I may actually like Dante. I’m accepting the fact that I actually have feelings for another guy. What makes it bad is that I’m with Chanel. We have our problems but I don’t have the heart to part from her. I’d do anything to see her sweet smile. I want to give her the world. Another problem is…how do you say…”coming out”. I mean, the kids at my school don’t really care about who is gay except the few assholes and bullies. But it’s my family I’d worry about. More specifically my mom. There’s no reason to create a burden when I can just remain the “model son”. My good grades in school, being in band, having good looks, and having a beautiful girl who I loved dearly made everyone praise my mother. I was doing “prosperous” things and staying out of trouble. I made my mother proud.

                I came back to reality as I realized that church service was ending. I didn’t pay attention to anything the pastor was saying today. Aw man. My mother stood with her long green dress and matching hat. She smiled down at me signaling me to stand to leave. My mother had a pretty face and still looked young. She was pushing through her 40’s though. She always try to keep herself up, even when work make her stress and bring gray hairs. I stood and moved from the pews and followed my mother. Jasmine wasn’t too far behind me either. We piled in my mother’s car and I felt my phone buzz. Probably was Chanel. To my surprise it wasn’t her. It was Dante texting me.

Dante (1:37pm): Good afternoon, sir ;)

I looked up from my phone blushing. My mother and sister weren’t paying me any attention though. They were yapping about church service, gossiping about some ladies.

Me (1:39pm): Hey Dante…

Dante (1:40pm): U OK?

Me (1:40pm): I’m fine…just omw home from church.

Dante (1:42pm): What’s with the dots? Lol

Me (1:43pm): Oh, it’s nothing lol

Dante (1:44pm): Mhmm…

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and stared out the window as we passed the many houses on our way home. A few houses being nasty and abandoned, but most being kept up by their owners. We lived in a pretty decent neighborhood in Detroit believe it or not. It just goes to show Detroit isn’t all bad. But I’m just rambling. Pretty soon we were pulling up to our nice house and I hopped out the car to head into the house. These church shoes are killing me!

                I closed my bedroom door softly behind me and kicked my tight shoes off breathing with a sigh of relief. I untied my necktie and threw it onto my study desk before plopping down on my bed. I miss Dante…wait ugh! I don’t even feel like fighting myself right now. I do miss Dante but I shouldn’t. I should be missing Chanel seeing as we’ve barely talked since our argument. We made amends but I’m still upset with her. She’s just so different from when we started dating 2 years ago. She’s always been prissy but not like now. She’s always been conceited but didn’t come off as a bitch with it. Chanel let being a part of Exquisite Gems get to her head. But it’s not only her personality, it’s how she treats me now. Being mean and secretive. But I always have given Chanel the benefit of the doubt. I trust that she’d never cheat on me. She never have before. I sighed deeply getting ready to change into my hoodie and sweats and relax for the rest of my Sunday.