Chapter 2: He's A Tease

Hello readers! Here's more of Verboten Temptations. This chapter probably isn't the most exciting either but bare with me, it's getting there. Don't be a ghost reader either. Let me know what you think!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                I walked through the front door and could smell the food my mom was cooking. Jasmine was sitting on the couch talking on the phone like always. I didn’t speak as I walked to my room quickly.

 “Oh Marcus, you’re home.” My mother said as I was half way up the stairs. I didn’t really want to talk to anyone. My mind was cloudy and I was so confused, but yet I was also anxious and antsy. The subject you ask? Dante.

 “Yeah. I’m tired from practice.” I said, hoping she wouldn’t ask me how my day was. She looked at me for a moment before heading towards the kitchen. Phew…

                 I closed my bedroom door and plopped down onto my bed. As I recall today, it’s just been so much going on like me and Chanel going through our routine relationship problems, the extensive band practices, and meeting Dante. Dante…Why am I so infatuated with Dante? Why am I having strange thoughts and feelings about Dante? I believe I’m straight. I KNOW I’m straight. Or at least I just try to keep it that way. Like I mentioned before, this wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had these strange feelings towards a guy…though I hate to admit it. I’ve never touched a guy in a romantic way but have had thoughts plenty of times. But I’m with Chanel and plan to keep it that way. Despite our problems, we make it through. I love her. She loves me. We’re even planning to go to the same college next year. I closed my eyes and sighed before soon getting up to change out these hot clothes from school. I put on a beater and some basketball shorts on and then picked up my polo shirt and jeans to go put them in the laundry. The small piece of paper slipped from my back pocket of my jeans as I flung them over my shoulder. I froze.

                 I knelt down and picked up the paper, realizing it was the paper Dante gave me with his number on it. I was scared to talk to him because of my thoughts, but I didn’t want to just be rude and throw the number out and cut off contact with him period. Why would Kelsey suggest me hanging out with Dante? She’s the friendly one. I crunched the paper in my fist and walked back to my room. I could hear my mother shouting that dinner was ready so I set the paper down and went downstairs. A young man still gotta eat. I love me some food!

 “Is everything ok?” My mother asked handing me my plate. I sighed a little and forced a smile.

 “I’m ok mom. These extensive band practices are just a bit tiring.” I said, not lying, but that’s not what’s exactly bothering me, ya know? My mother kissed my forehead and smiled.

 “My little musician.” My mom breathed out before kissing my forehead again. I rolled my eyes and smiled genuinely. I could hear Jasmine laughing at me as she stood in the dining room.

 “You were my little musician too before you quit your senior year.” My mom said and Jasmine stopped laughing. I smiled as Jasmine fell speechless from being burned by our own mother. Haha. But Jasmine did do band when she was in high school. She played trumpet and was really good on it but got tired of the people in the band by her senior year. I believe I was just in 9th grade and I was just joining the band myself. I’m digressing a bit but I don’t care. I ate my food – meatloaf with mashed potatoes and greens – quickly and went back to my room to prepare to go to sleep. Then I thought about doing something.