Chapter 18: The Blues

Hello everyone! Here is another update of VT! I hope you are enjoying the story as much as I am. It gets a little slow (boring) in this chapter so just a heads up.

I just want to take the time to thank all my readers and fans. This almost have 5000 reads and I am extremely happy about it. You guys don't know how much I appreciate this!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

Benard wraps his arm around Chanel as she cries before placing a small kiss on her lips. No. No. How could this be? My cry became hysterical. Dante pulled me into an embrace now, getting the shocking looks of Sean, Chanel, and Benard. I didn’t care at this point though.

“W-what is this, Marcus?” Chanel asked. My face remained buried in Dante’s shirt. I lifted my head a bit to speak more clearly.

“Fuck you.” And with that, I cried hard, wanting the pain to go away. Why me?

[Marcus' POV]

                Chanel stood there with silent tears rolling down her cheeks. It’s still puzzling to why she’s crying. She pulls away from Benard and steps a little closer. I really need to stop crying like a female; at least in front of these people. I quiet my sobs and turn towards Chanel, wiping my tear stained cheeks.

“I deserve answers, Marcus.” Chanel says with her voice breaking.

“You deserve answers? You have the audacity to say that? You’ve been fucking around with Benard.” I say with a scowl on my face.

“And you’ve probably been fucking around with…him?” Chanel says, sounding like a question. I shook my head.

“Unlike you, I wouldn’t stoop to such a low. I would not purposely hurt you.” I say calmly. Benard rolls his eyes.

“You wonder why your girlfriend cheats. Obviously if you weren’t a fag she-“ Benard sentence was cut off mid-way when Dante lunged quickly at Benard, knocking him over.

“Dante, stop! I don’t want you sent home!” I yell, quickly grabbing a hold of Dante and pulling him off. Benard’s face was flushed with anger as he tried to swing on Dante. Kelsey steps in between everyone.

“Everyone just needs to chill. Stop all this crap!” Kelsey yelled.

“He doesn’t need to use that word.” Dante seethes. I let out a sigh.

“Benard, just shut the fuck up because I still owe you an ass whooping.” I bellowed, though I wasn’t entirely sure if I‘d actually win since Benard was bigger and more muscular. Benard chuckled and glared at me. Dante was trying to squirm out my hold to attack him. I honestly think he would kill him.

“It seems like you guys are more.” Chanel murmured with a scowl on her face. I raised a brow.

“We are nothing but friends. I never slept with anyone else or gave anyone else my heart while our relationship was going.” I spat out. Sean had his head down and was completely silent. I glanced at him then looked back to Chanel who still seemed to not be satisfied with my answer.

“OK, Marcus.” Chanel breathes out. Dante was slowly calming down under my hold.

“I will admit, because I could honestly care less right now, that Dante is the person who can help pick the pieces up and get my mind off you.” I seethe out. Chanel’s face scrunches up.

“What do you mean?” She asked with anger in her voice.

“He’s been here for me lately. Him and Kelsey. They tried to tell me but I wouldn’t listen. Dante was trying to tell me that you were no good…and that he was better.” I say calmly, with tears coming to my eyes again. Chanel glares to Dante.