Chapter 33: Closure and Apologies

GUESS WHO IS BACK!!! You guys just can't imagine how much I missed Wattpad and writing stories. I am also touched that people were still reading and wanting more of my stories. This chapter is definitely beginning to close the story. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I'll be finishing this story now that classes are over! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dante's POV]

                My body ached a little from last night but I wouldn’t say it was a bad thing. I had an awesome birthday and I finally got Marcus the way I wanted him. He couldn’t stay long this morning so he had left by 11am. My dad was smirking at me when Marcus left like a weirdo.

“Um, hey dad.” I said.

“Hey. I see Marcus was just now leaving? This explains so much. Is this boy treating you right?” My dad asked. It was a little unexpected.

“Everything is cool dad. We’re fine.” I said chuckling a little. My dad gave a knowing smile and hugged me before going to read his newspaper. I had already washed up and decided it would be nice to just chill in the house for today. After everything, it was my prerogative to relax. But I couldn’t even relax for 5 minutes before the doorbell sounded.

“I’ll get it!” I shouted. I opened the front door and to my dismay, stood Derrick in all his glory.

“Hey Dante…” Derrick mumbled.

“What the hell do you want?” I sneered. Derrick frowned and stood there for a moment. The silence was starting to annoy me just for the simple fact that Derrick was interrupting my relaxation.

“I want to apologize about last night…I just can’t believe you chose him over me…” He stated sadly. I scoffed before doing a little chuckle.

“We don’t need to go down that road again. The IHOP waitress? The one you had in your bed the same day we had just had a date? Such a shocker…” Sarcasm was heavy in my voice. Derrick looked away and bit his bottom lip.

“All I can say is how sorry I am. I wish you could just forgive me. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He said still gazing off to the side. I shook my head and couldn’t help but feel sorry for this fool. Derrick’s face read that he was truly sincere and he had really humbled himself.

“I could just slam the door in your face right now for the fuckery you pulled last night. I don’t even have to forgive you. But you truly are sorry…and I mean that in more ways than one. So all I can do is let bygones be bygones. I hope you find happiness in your life.” I said, slowly beginning to close the door. Derrick looked me in my eyes and I could see the hurt. As if he really cared. But it was undeniable that Derrick did in fact have more feelings for me than he ever did with anyone else.

“Well, I’ll let you get back to whatever it is you were doin’…I just wanted to make things right. Admit my wrong…” Derrick said with his voice beginning to trail off.

“Thanks for that.” I said with a swift nod. Before Derrick walked away though, he kissed my lips softly before turning on his heels and walking away. I was surprised and just stood there, watching Derrick return to his house next door. Time stood still for a while as I processed my thoughts. I’d be lying if I ever said I didn’t have some type of feeling for Derrick, but I couldn’t trust him, nor could I trust that he wouldn’t hurt me again. I finally closed the door and thought of Marcus.

                Me and Marcus had truly been though some hell before we got to the now. It really makes me think that what’s so different about Derrick’s case? Yeah, he broke his word and slept with that waitress and it showed his true colors, but that’s the only thing that I can really only say Derrick did that was just so terrible. Marcus has truly had me going through shit for the longest and yet I still feel OK with him. I guess I must truly love him or I am just a fool. I closed my eyes and just thought of the first time me and Marcus met.