Chapter 30: Jaw-Dropping

Hello everyone. I'm late again, but now I'm going to try to begin posting frequently like I used to. This is almost over (sad face) but I enjoyed writing this. I'm not entirely sure how many chapter are left, but I thinking there's probably only 2 or 3 chapters remaining. I hope you'll enjoy the remaining chapters though.

**New Book that will be posted SOON is No Love Needed. I hope you guys will give that book a try. First chapter of that will be posted within a week (as long as everything goes to plan).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                It had been a little over a week since me and Dante finally began dating and it was going pretty smoothly. We’ve been taking it very slow though. I still tell Dante that I love him from time-to-time, but he still hasn’t said it back. It bothers me a bit but at least I have him. We spend so much time just talking and fully understanding each other. Tomorrow was Dante’s 18th birthday and I would be meeting his dad. I don’t think his dad knows about him, so it’s only as if we are friends in his eyes.

I rubbed my temples as I sat in class, listening to the teacher go on about the lesson. Dante was on my mind and I just couldn’t get him out my head. What was I going to get him for his birthday tomorrow? What could I get him? I’m not sure about it yet but I’m sure it’ll come to me.

                The class dragged on for what seemed like forever. When the bell rang, I stood up and quickly made my way down the hall to the band room. There wasn’t any practice today so me and Dante could just hang out today.

“Hey Marcus.” Kelsey said as soon as I walked through the door.

“Hi Kelsey.” I replied with a smile. She placed her clarinet on the seat next to her and stood up to give me a big hug. It has really been a good week with no drama. Everything just seemed so perfect now. Well, not quite since Dante has not said he loved me yet. But I won’t rush anything; he’s probably just skeptical anyway.

“You know there isn’t any practice today, right?” Kelsey asked. I nodded.

“Yeah, I know, but me and Dante were going to meet up here and then leave. What are you already doing down here anyway?” I asked, plopping down in a seat next to Kelsey.

“I just had to clear my head so I didn’t go to class. I was in here last hour.” She replied raking her fingers through her long brown hair, which she had styled in tight curls.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Me and Jacob were talking about colleges and stuff…and it’s just the simple fact that I probably will not be attending the same college he’s already enrolled at. I mean, I just met the guy just a little over a week ago. I’m not changing my college plans when I don’t even know if we’ll last. But then he was saying he wasn’t good with long distance relationships…” Kelsey said.

“So if you end up going to a college out of Michigan, the relationship might end?” I asked, feeling sorry for her. Kelsey nodded slowly.

“The thing is, I really like Jacob. Plus it’s not common that I find a boyfriend, so it’s a little saddening. But at the same time, I’m independent. That is why I won’t just go to a college just because he goes to it. If we break up for whatever reason, then I’m left stuck in a college I didn’t even really like.” She stated. I felt her on that, but I know I’m the type who doesn’t like long distant relationships either…

“I’m sure things will work out.” Is all that I could manage to say. Now my mind was drifting to Dante and I. What college was he planning on going to? It’s not like I’ve got a college picked out, but that’s bad being a senior who will be graduating in 4 months. But if it came down to it, I’d go to whatever college Dante went to. That’s a hasty decision but I’d do that for Dante. As long as I’d be with him I guess.