10a: Late Night Drives

Danielle

"WEEEEEL BE JUST FINE." I yelled as I skipped into the orch room.

"Can you not sing Jimmy Eat World?" Bryce asked. He had his head on the stand.

I pointed at him, and continued to dance my way toward my seat. But, I'll give him props for knowing the artist. I took one earbuds out, "Why are you hating?"

"I'm tired and you're loud." I stuck my earbuds back in and continued to sing,

"Don't write yourself off yet.

It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on

Just do your best.

Do everything you can.

Don't you worry what their bitter hearts are going to say."

I was dancing in front of Bryce when I turned to see Sam, Cole, and Ashton looking at me. I took my earbuds out again, "What's up heifers?"

Sam had a straight look on her face, "Glad to see you too Danni."

I held my hand out for Ashton, which she slowly high fived me back. "Where is everybody else?" I asked.

Cole answered, "I got back from an appointment so I just assumed to come down here."

I smiled, "Hang with the cool kids."

"Shut up." Bryce grumbled. I gave him a glare.

Sam rolled her eyes, "Not again." I smiled and kept on dancing. Nothing is going to bring me down today.

~~~~~

"What should we do?" Hailey asked as I got into her car. It was already dark by five pm again, one bad perk about November.

I knew Hailey wouldn't move her car till I buckled my seat belt. But to humor her, I buckled right away, so she wouldn't make some dumb comment, and so I wouldn't just get out of her car and walk back into my house.

I'm not bipolar I swear.

But this friendship has only been pissing me off lately.

"Doesn't matter to me." She nodded and turned her left signal on when she got to the red light. I figured we were just going to go back to her house.

Her basement tv is better than mine, so we usually go to her house, which is literally three minutes and twelve seconds away, if you drive the speed limit of 25.

When I drive (I have my permit), I go a solid 35, but then again, my parents are both speeders, so it's in my blood.

"Do you plan on playing in musical pit?"

I scrunched my nose.

"No but Sam and Calvin are. I thought about it."

"Well you should come see it since I'm the opening scene."

"How so?"

"I'm doing ballet for the prelude."

"Sounds boring."

She hit my knee. "Don't be so ethnocentric darling."

"Yeah I'll be there, I'm curious to see Once Upon A Mattress to be honest."

"It's exciting. I get this awesome dress and next week I'm getting a mask and I'm so excited." She lightly tapped the rim of the steering wheel.