9b: We Take Mario Seriously

Samantha

"Hey mom, is it okay if Danni spends the night?" I asked. She usually doesn't care.

"Sure. I'll be home around 11, when I get off work."

"Okay bye." I hung up the phone and saw my sister smiling at me.

"What?"

"Danni's coming over?" She asked. For some reason, Heather really likes being around Danielle, I'm not sure why.

"Yeah which means you need to find something to do." I said in a serious tone.

"Awe come on!" She gave me a pouty look.

"Don't you have friends?" I asked.

"Lauren has travel volleyball on the weekends and Elizabeth is at her dad's." She stated. Geez, she's already checked.

"Don't make me go to her house instead." I threatened.

"Please. Please." She came over to me and grabbed my arms. She tried to pull me into a hug.

"Get the hell off me Heather." For an 11 year old, she's quite touchy and obnoxious. She's obviously adopted.

"Ooo, you said a bad word." She's been a sixth grader for over two months now, please, at Fibi Middle, you hear a lot of things your first week, then again, I heard everything from Danielle and Calvin.

"Leave me alone, I have homework to do." I pulled my Algebra two homework that's due Monday.

"Fine, but Danni likes me."

"No she actually doesn't." I called after her, I could hear her footsteps ascending up the stairs.

I could feel our cat rubbing against my feet, it's the calm before the storm, and by storm I mean Danielle Porter.

"It's so nice that you just leave your door open for me." Her voice also came with the smell of hot fresh pizza. The perks of having a friend who's dad gives her money all the time.

"Actually I didn't know it was open." I said standing up and grabbing the pizza boxes from her.

She tossed her satchel on the couch and followed me into the kitchen. "What's up?" She asked.

"Algebra two homework."

"Ew, I'm probably going to dread it next semester, since I suck at math." I handed her the plates and napkins. She usually brings her own snapple, so I grabbed a glass of water for myself. I definitely wasn't going to drink that almond milk that we have in the fridge.

"Is that Danielle?" I sighed. I wish she listened sometimes.

"Hey Heather." My sister slid on her socks and into the kitchen where she pulled Danni into a bone crushing hug. Danni gave me a look and I shrugged. I picked up the pizza boxes and we all headed down to our basement where the big tv was.

It was almost tradition, Danni would bring the pizza, we would play mario kart for hours, I would supply the Mississippi Mud Ice Cream, and then we would play Clue on the wii and then we would watch Impractical Jokers on truTV till midnight and then we would both pass out on the couch.

The only reason she brings two pizzas is because she usually eats five slices, I usually eat four, and my sister usually has some too, even though she wasn't invited.

"Can we be on the same team?" She asked.

I scoffed. "No."

"You always win, can we just play as a team for once."

"That's right I always win." I moved my curser to blue team.

"Yay."

"Why are you always Toad?" Hailey asked Danni.