Part 26

"Hunter," Diane sobbed again before she ran to her sons side. When she was close to him Hunter moved his head into her hand closing his eyes.

"My son," Zach whispered. Unlike his wife Zach walked to Hunter's side as he spoke to him. "Look at you. You're a werewolf."

In reply Hunter tried to spin around only to fail when he tripped over his new paws falling to the ground again. Diane and Zach both smiled. "You'll get the hang of it soon enough," Diane told him before stepping back and transforming into her own wolf. Her transformation was simple. There was no bone cracking, and moving; it just seemed graceful compared to Hunter's own transformation.

Diane's wolf was thick and brown. She had white paws, and a white tip on her wolf tail, but the rest of her looked fierce. She seemed like the type who would fight in a battle even if the odds were stacked against her and she was strong willed. Next to her Zach stepped back and transformed into his own wolf. His wolf was twice the size of Diane's and completely black except for the small patch of white on his chest. He seemed like the sort of wolf who was used to being in fights and defending others smaller than himself, especially his mate.

In wolf form Diane helped Hunter sit up again before rubbing her own wolf head against his. They did this for several minutes before Zach completed the same action. It was a sign of acceptance and love in a wolf pack and though most didn't do the action it helped a late blooming werewolf feel welcomed within the pack, and it definitely would help Hunter.

Everything seemed perfect until a werewolf's howl blasted through the field. Zach, Diane and Hunter were the first to notice the howl because they were already in their wolf form, but soon everyone was able to notice that something was amiss in the area.

"That's Steve," Lucas pointed out quickly looking over to where Steve's how came from. He seemed to be a good mile away with a crystal clear warning. Zach and Diane moved closer to their son and at the same time pushed Kiana next to him. Lucas ran to the center with them and tried to cover Kiana while Josiph stood in front of everyone. Derek also stood moved in front of everyone making sure to protect whoever was close.

"It's about damn time we found you," a new voice spoke angrily. "We've been searching for hours."

"Stay behind me Kiana," Lucas rushed, grabbing her by the hand just as Lucian came into view just behind Kiana.

Lucian was a big man with a body builder's build and long black hair. His eyes were a bright red, and his nails looked untrimmed and deadly. Behind him stood three werewolves and they all looked nervous around Lucian. The one closest to Lucian was a dark brown wolf and probably the Beta. His eyes darted from left to right as if expecting an attack from the side. Behind him stood two other wolves. Both smaller in size compared to Lucian and the dark brown wolf. They were light gray wolves, and probably the baits in the situation. Someone Lucian could sacrifice if he so desired. If only they could see their fate.

"Get here quickly Steve." Lucas told Steve in silence. His fists were clenched as he watched Lucian, but he made no move.

"I'll be there in a minute," Steve replied back before he sent a glimpse of how far away he was from everyone.

"Zach, Diane," Josiph said to them. Diane was still in her wolf form hovering protectively over Hunter while Zach stood in front of them both. "Get him out of here now!" He commanded to Zach. Zach looked as if he wanted to disobey the order, but instead just nodded before turning and trying to coax Hunter up to his feet. Hunter's first couple of steps were choppy and he seemed to stumble a lot but with his father's help the three made it out of the clearing. It was then that Josiph began speaking to Derek. "Get Kiana out of here, Derek."

"I'm staying," Derek said, refusing to listen.

"Now Derek!" Josiph yelled, loudly. "Steve will meet you just outside of the clearing. Get her to the house! Lock the doors when you get there and make sure that Diane and Zach make it back safely with Hunter."

Derek nodded but seemed reluctant to leave even as he grabbed Kiana and ran for the forest behind us. They were out of site in seconds only leaving Lucas and Josiph against Lucian and his three men.

"Where is everyone going?" Lucian asked evilly. "We only wanted to play." He motioned one of the gray sacrifice wolves forward waiting until the wolf took six steps before stopping him.

Whoever this wolf was he seemed nervous, even frightened at being so close to us, and not knowing what we would do, let alone what his own alpha would do directly behind him. His legs even wobbled as he stood in place.

"We're not in a playing mood, Lucian," Lucas spat bitterly. He stayed beside me but desperately wanted to move closer to Lucian and the other werewolves. "What do you want?"

"You know what I want, Lucas."

"You're not getting her." Lucas replied.

Lucian laughed harshly. "Like you have a choice here."

"She's not yours to have."

Gritting his own teeth Lucian replied darkly, "She will be mine." As he said the words he began advancing toward Lucas and Josiph. Behind him the other two wolves didn't move and instead just watched and waited to see what Lucian would do next.

"Have you ever heard of the Alpha fight?" Josiph spoke with authority staring Lucian down.

"And who are you?" Lucian asked as if noticing Josiph for the first time.

"I'm the alpha of this pack, and you just so happen to be on my territory," Josiph replied the wind carrying his voice across the field. "I would advise you to leave at once."

Lucian laughed menacingly. "I don't plan on leaving without the girl."

"Well you're not getting the girl, so leave."

He shook his head. "Not happening."

"It's happening, considering this is my territory, and you have no right to be here," Josiph barked, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he spoke. "Kiana is a part of my pack now, and you have no right to claim her as your own when she's not yours to claim in the first place."

"And if I declare an alpha fight then what?" Lucian asked. "You asked me yourself if I knew what it was, and I do." He laughed before looking at Lucas directly. "That's how I became alpha right, Lucas?"

Lucas said nothing even with the anger rising inside him. It was like a tidal wave of anger that could be felt through our link. Josiph gently squeezed his hand before speaking to Lucian. "Well, unless you declare an alpha fight you have no rights being here."

"Well, I am." He sneered. "But you might want to give up now seeing that she isn't worth as much trouble as she's giving you."

"Actually she is." Josiph replied fighting back. Lucas's nails dug into his hand causing small amount of blood to seep through the new wound.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "We'll see you during the next full moon," he said before turning away and barking commands at the other three wolves to follow him. "Oh, and I would advise you to inform your pack to be ready for a new alpha because I plan on winning," he growled before disappearing into the forest with the other three wolves on his tail.